Civilizatin V

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Anyone get a chance to play it yet? I am thoroughly addicted -- and I've only played the demo! I plan on picking up my copy within the next few days :)

I played the demo, not sure if I'll buy it or not. I know my mum will buy it though.

I'll probably pick it up this winter when I will have more time to play. That and I am addicted to minecraft right now so that is taking up all of my free time.

I'm hoping to get it soon. I haven't even played the demo yet though. Is it good? How is the play with all the new changes?

I love it.. My main gripe about Civ IV was the stacking. Governments been taken out and replaced with Social Policies, and you rarey talk to yor advisors. Very streamlined!

Yea, I've been playing a bit lately. Haven't made it through a whole game yet. To be honest, there's a lot I miss from Civ IV. I loved playing the religions, civics, and corporations as they added some variety to the game. It really seems as if they went RTS style with this new version, which isn't entirely bad, but not always good either. You're right, it is way more steamlined and much easier to get to information I think. The same basics are there, but it is a lot different than the last two versions. I do like the city states. Very cool addition, and while they can be annoying sometimes, they add a nice element to the diplomacy. A huge part of the earlier Civ's stategy was in the placement of cities, much due to the "fat cross". That seems to have disappeared with this version too because of the hex design and that a city will just expand to use tiles (at least as far as I've seen.) Overall though, it's still addicting as **** and fun. The graphics are great and I love the new leader/diplomacy interface.

Just bought it yesterday, looking forward to getting a chance to play it :p Loving the look of the graphics though, and EPIC beginning vid

Yea, that was cool. It's just a WMV too. Usually game vids are bik's or some other proprietary garbage. I think the graphics are optimized well too. The game runs really smoothly and still looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom