Civ III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played some more today. (1-31) I have finished off the French, even when they begged for peace, offering me French workers. I took their workers by force, and they donÂ’t seem to work has fast. But oh well. I defeated them with sword men, and calvary. It took some time, because of the lack of rail. I built up my forces and am going to attack the Germans.

This map has two large contents, one much like north and south America with the isthmus, the French were pinned again the isthmus by the Germans to the north an me (english) to the south. I am in the process of wiping out the Germans. The other continent is similar, with an isthmus, but had three civs on it, and there was one last civ isolated on a small island, and obviously they are the lowest scored civ.

Once I finish destroying the German I will probably be the leading civ (by the histograph) but the Chinese and India are powerful. Maybe IÂ’ll knock them down with some ICBMs. Man I love those things, nothing else giving is better than bringing a civ to its knees than a few ICBMs and a tactical nuke. But all the other civs hate you for the use of nuclear weapons. Well F them, I'll save an ICBM for them too.

Thanks for the help thus far. If I win this Pangaea, I'll try one with islands. However I like the Pangaea, because you can explore more of it, and build more cities, than if you are limited to an island. And some of the islands arenÂ’t close enough to reach with the early gallery.

Thanks for the help. Any other ideas? I did try to steal tech, I tried it three times in a row on the most expensive level, and only the third try could I steal tech. On the other two I was able to steal, but was caught, never stealing tech out of four tries. I did have a huge amount of cash. During my golden age I was making 800+ gold a turn. I was making money playing around with the research. I found out that with some tech you are researching, you donÂ’t get it any faster at 100% than 30% or 40%. I didnÂ’t get the great library, but I have built a library and university in every city, helping technology be researched faster. That is key.

Yea nukes are fun, but I hate getting in nuke wars because it craps the land around the cities nuked espeically ****ed when my capital got nuked and the great set up of land was ruined.

Just a warning they will have no mercy with nukes and can hinder a lot of your good cities, but most civs that have "Weapons of Mass Destruction" will use them anyway.

I assume they only use nukes when you are in war, they wont launch them just because they have them. Would the Chinese launch them if I launched them on the Germans?

If they want a nuclear war, I'll use my 20k in gold to hurry the production and make two ICBMs per city. That will show them.

Well I meant if they are at war and they happen to have nukes they WILL use them, never played a game in Civ3 where a civ built them but never used them when they were in war.

Keep in mind if you start a nuke war, global warming will take place very quickly and then you have a ton of your people dead (each nuke attack kills all units garrisoned and 50% of population)
along with the ruined and polluted land around your cities as well as the anger of other civs, I started one and people got so angry all civs eventually declared war and when I asked for peace they said:

"No, you must be stopped!" pretty much they declare you a war criminal and I never got any civ to go to peace (and If you did they might just sign on agian with an alliance against you) If this happens be prepared to switch to communism/facsism because war weariness becomes rampet after a while. I just quit the game because it would be almost impossible to win.

I would never use anymore then 10 nukes in a game. When I do use them (usually retalitaion when they nuke me) I only use a few untill they nuke me agian. Because most of the time they start the destruction before Strategic Missle Defense become avaliable.

Hmm, well the way things are going, its currently 1510, after destroying the germans, and nearly all the technology has been researched. It seems the only way I could wipe out the remaining three civs, is with a huge stock pile of ICBMs.

I knew about the damage a nuclear attack does, but its the only way to put a dent into their forces. I'll build up a force, and see if they will still attack me relentlessly after. Or maybe I'll go for the space race win. Who knows. Thanks for the help, I have been enjoying this now. Before it has been to hard or too easy. Now its just right.

A few more questions came up while playing it for a while. It seems that there are very little resources. There was only one square uranium. This is a large map with temperate climate, and the age of 4 billion. I am wondering if increasing the age will result in more resources. The thing that bothers me is with four other civs on a large map, and I have quite a large amount of land, and have a hard time obtaining the most important resources, like rubber, oil, and uranium. I was playing as germany, and couldnt even build my tiger tank to effectivly wage war on the french. I have noticed this on prince and warlord. I know you can edit and make your own maps, but to me that cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom