Chronicles of Ridd-ick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovesocks

In Runtime
EXCELLENT game! Everything about it is awesome: the graphics, the audio (voice acting, music, etc.), the gameplay. The ideas are original, with an absolutely spartan HUD, and visual cues to player status rather than in the HUD (i.e. the screen has a bluish hue when you're hidden). Best of all, it's only $20! This game is a sleeper hit. If you've got at least a 6-series GeForce and $20, this is the game for you.

GameSpot review

yeah, Rid**** was a nominee for CGW's action game of the year for 2004. I've played the demo and it was pretty slick. I thought that the blue hue you get when your hidden was really a great idea. I almost bought it the other day, but decided on Quake 4 instead. I think i made a hard, but good chioce.

SHAWN said:
(^AMD 3200+ comes with 512 cache not 1mb unless they changed something)

For a second, i thought "What the ****? he must have poseted in the wrong thread." but then i realized that you were talkign about my CPU. my 3200 has 1MB of Cache because its on the ClawHammer core.

Yesh, Escape from Butcher Bay is one of the best games I've ever played and as a Rid**** fan it makes it even greater. 5 Stars all the way, plus it's only $20!!!

OMG, it filters out part of Ridd-ick. Ive never played it for the computer but for the xbox it was alot of fun. The amount of gore that game has is amazing. The feel of the game is great.

Alright, I've found a quirk with the game: I don't like the guns. The hand-to-hand combat is excellent, but the assault rifle sucks, the shotgun sucks, and the pistol sucks. I can't tell where the heck my shots are going with the assault rifle, or whether or not I need to burst. I just hold down the trigger and keep the laser on the guard 'til he stops moving :D. The shotgun is so weak - takes two shells to kill a guy from anything but point-blank, and from more than a few meters away it'll take a whole load. And the pistol has such a slow refire rate that it's useless for anything other than sniping (which it is strangely good at; I suppose it's meant to be a substitute sniper rifle). I guess the tranquilizer gun is pretty cool, but give me a futuristic Desert Eagle or MP5. :D I do realize that stealth is a large part of the game, but when you first break out, it's run 'n' gun, so give us better guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom