Check out the Call of Juarez demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striken

Baseband Member
I was pleasantly surprised. I don't feel like providing a link, I'm sorry, but really - check it out! It's likely to go under the radar, but it's a great western that I am almost sure I'm going to buy.

Anyone have something to say about the game or the demo?

it's too short...and I don't believe you get a decent resolve in the second available chapter...I mean, at least let me accomplish my missions...in BOTH! lol

tease...good game though

Reminds me of what I think was the start and is the best of the genre...the old Outlaws, of which I have the soundtrack for. Sweet stuff.

OH yeah, not sure if this uses any fancy physics but it might...it acts weird though I must say. Try messing up the wood railing after you walk over the planking on the first chapter....it sort of explodes.

Then see how picture frames behave when you move them....kinda like magnets...you drop and some scatter and some insist on standing upright...

a bit of ranting :D

oh yeah, and natives are a bit too tough...compared to the cowboys who you can stand in a crowd with and trade shots....you will most likely die if you meet 2 natives

It isn't the natives that are tough, it's the character that is weaker. He's not as combat-oriented. Even though you're supposed to go stealth with him, I pretty much battled my way through the level, reloading quicksaves. It was challenging but fun since it was very difficult to pull off.

yeah, strategy...I keep replaying cause it is pretty cool...I do like the sneaking around aspect, much like I did with NOLF. I went around that whole game 90% chopping guys all secretively instead of easy shooting :)

But I actually managed to kill the 3 natives at the burning wagon...I come to find out they are so tough because of those rifles/shotguns...mess you up. Which in turn you can use to mess them up. lol

Is there a 3 person view? I doubt it, but that would be a cool reason to replay...again :)

"But I actually managed to kill the 3 natives at the burning wagon..."

Me too, wasn't easy. I snuck up and found a gun in a little container (which had two shots total, mind you). Then I ran up to the guy who had his back to me, popped him in the back of the head, grabbed his shotgun quickly, dodged a shot, blasted one of the two remaining guys down, got in close and point-blank blew the last dude away. This wasn't done in one attempt, by the way :)

Awesome graphics, that's first thing I noticed. It's a pretty cool idea with the quick draw and all too. Decent story line, and pretty original to design the game around a western. I played the whole way through the demo, then uninstalled. It's ok, but not worth my $50. Lots of other games out there that are better I could be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom