Cheating Minimum Requirements for Aventurine's Darkfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakigi

Solid State Member
Hey all.

I would like to create a second account to harvest with on an old school laptop. I was wondering if there is any way I can cheat the minimum reqs to play the game. I don't plan on playing in full screen, or with any graphics. I mean, this thing is a piece of ****... just trying to make use of it... it has 1.3 ghz processor (lol), 736 mb of ram and some integrated graphics. Should I overclock it? I don't care if it frys. Reqs similar to Oblivion.

Haha, thanks in advance.

On another note...

I have been enjoying Darkfall for a while now and recommend that some of you try it out if you haven't already. To sum it up.... it's a skill based fps mmo with the standard magic, archery and melee game play - very similar to Oblivion, but with mass-scale warfare.

I doubt you can do much to get it to work, you need more RAM, a video card, and also a better CPU. As far as I know there isn't a config file or something that allows you to turn things on and off. Also here's some discussion:

I've played Darkfall since launch for about a month, the game was buggy but the gameplay was good. However the guild community has gone to crap, nothing but super-alliances exist and if you're not in one, you get pushed around by them. I love PvP RPGs, and Darkfall has good combat, but being forced to organize large groups to do any sort of fun PvP gets old.

Also sieges are broken pretty much, they claimed massive besieging but it's not playable at all once you get more than 80 people. It was very epic (here's a short video of a siege group I was in, had to turn the graphics down to get better FPS even on my computer) but not very playable.

With that said I'm probably going to start Darkfall back up with my guild once the NA server opens up. Hopefully the community won't be as bad as it's gotten on the current server.

lol, yea. I'm glad I managed to capture that line. I was getting ~13-20 fps running with that group. Once we made our way to the enemy guild's city, it dropped to 4-8 fps.

Is it p2p?

I've seen a trailer or something of that game. The concept seems interesting, but the graphics are horrible. How can they bring something out with crap like that? That looks worse than Guild Wars which came out like in 2005.

You can open multiple instances of darkfall on your primary computer, of course that throws a wrench in any plans to use keypress bot/macro's but you can easily farm resources with 5 or more characters at the same time, not to mention that bot/macro stuff is kinda against LUA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom