Changeing PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish 40

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I own a Dell Dimension8250, with an Intel2.4gh. processor, ATI9800pro graphics, Audigy2 sound card, a gig of 1066RDRAM, and only a 250watt psu, that came with the thing. I feel I should have more wattage to power these components, although I don't have any problems to speak of. I wanted to buy an Antec 400watt unit, but I'm not sure the unit would fit in the Dell case. I also read stories of how Dell doese not use industry standard products, and the wireing of components such as PSU's is also different. I'd call Dell, but since my warrenty expired, I don't know if they'd even give me the time of day. Has anyone out there changed a PSU in a Dell comp? Can it be done without also changeing the MB? Will a more powerful unit fry my current MB? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

i think that 1) no it wont fit 2) not its the same wiring 3) no it wont fry it

so yes it would work, but it wont fit, as dell does have proprietary PSUs, i do know that for a fact, as i am a dell certified technician

Thank's for the reply. What can I do then, to add a larger power source? Can I buy one from Dell, or am I stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom