CD-Key Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of those CD-Key sites where you can buy CDKeys and then download the game through Steam or EA or whatever? I want to get Crysis 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood both for the PC but I noticed they are a lot cheaper on those sites $35, and $30 then buying direct from Steam or EA.

seems kinda sketchy since it's just a digital key and not a hard copy. I suppose it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with it, and they'd probably be taken down if it weren't legit. but I'd much rather buy it through steam or have a physical copy so it's linked with my account of something I use often and for lots of other things.

I have removed the link from your post, I can't help but arrive at the conclusion that sites like that are illegitimate. If selling the key alone were a distribution model that the publishers wanted to use, I'm sure they would handle it themselves.

I have friends who have used similar sites in the past which turned out to be ok, but it's always sounded kind of odd to me. And just because they got a working cdkey, doesn't necessarily make it legal. I just couldn't figure out how it made sense because you're getting exactly the same thing except paying full price on Steam or EA's downloader.

Yeah, I bought BFBC2 off ebay from some dude. I guess it was an Indian version, but my cd key was a sticker over the top of the box on the manual. It works though. Glad to save $20.

As far as I know there are plenty sites that sell them legally. I won't post any url's because there may be fakes among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom