Cave Story, Highly Recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
braid-screen06.jpg

Now that's a pretty good looking side scroller.

I mean yeah, haven't you ever seen a sonic game or the gba metroid games? That looks like NES metroid. There are all kinds of games with better graphics than that that are 2d.

I mean yeah, haven't you ever seen a sonic game or the gba metroid games? That looks like NES metroid. There are all kinds of games with better graphics than that that are 2d.

but the style they were going for was 8 bit style, why do you guys think they used the 8 bit music instead of mp3 format? I was trying to say they couldn't make the graphics any better using that 8 bit style

Well, it would be nice for those that bought it if it had 32 bit graphics like the gba.

I don't really get the whole nostalgia thing. My first console was the N64. All my experience with 2d stuff has been on the gameboys mostly. Sure, I may have played sega, snes, and nes a little bit first, but that was only at other kids houses, and it wasn't enough to make me feel nostalgic with this. Wasn't the NES 16-bit anyway? And the other two were 32-bit?

Well, it would be nice for those that bought it if it had 32 bit graphics like the gba.

I don't really get the whole nostalgia thing. My first console was the N64. All my experience with 2d stuff has been on the gameboys mostly. Sure, I may have played sega, snes, and nes a little bit first, but that was only at other kids houses, and it wasn't enough to make me feel nostalgic with this. Wasn't the NES 16-bit anyway? And the other two were 32-bit?

I'm under the assumption your pretty young if your first console was a N64, thats why you don't get the nostalgia factor that we got with 2d games like metroid for the NES. The NES was 8 bit and the SNES was 16 bit.

The game is so popular its coming out for the gba and will thankfully retain its 8 bit graphics, your missing the whole direction of the project they were going with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom