Casual MMO game

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing WoW a little and Guild Wars I think MMO and casual are two words you cannot marry.

Casual is something you can pick up and put down at any moment. Like a FPS.

I played em
Conan i stick to the stinks after lvl 20 or so for me.
Warhammer loses its luster if your not into RVR or PVP all the time.
it does have some public quests etc.
LOTR was ok true.
WOW as i said was alot of fun for along time but after 2 years (4 total came back after expansion came out) I just got tired of it.
And by casual, i took it as just kinda killin some time.
and those 2 free games are actually not all bad. again depends on what all your looking for. and your personal taste.
"Casual is something you can pick up and put down at any moment."
I agree.

Someone mentioned Dungeon Runners and I had a good time with that game for awhile. When I played it was free but if you wanted the better armor and weapons and stuff there was a small monthly fee. It was only a couple of bucks though. Not sure if its still like that.
Guild Wars is good. I can't vouch for it being casual because when I played it was not casual at all. That game hooked me. I never did get my FoW armor before I quit :)

There is some flexibility in the roles of each class in lotro, but you are right, it is not as much flexibility for wow. For example, the champion class can spec for single target damage, aoe damage (this is it's specialty), and tanking. Since moria champs have become much more sought after as tanks than the hardcore guardian tanks because they can switch it up and deal some damage, making things go faster. Rune-keepers can spec for different types of magic damage (regular and dot mostly) or they can spec for hots (heals over time). Still, as I already stated, the flexibility is probably not what it is in wow. It doesn't really matter to me though.

Me and my friend are getting bored of wow and are thinking about trying out AoC or LOTR. But they are all good game imo, you just get sick of one when its all you play for a few years.

If you go the lotro route, I would suggest playing on the Brandywine server because it is most populated. Goodluck with whatever you choose though.

You will eventually get bored of whatever game you have after a certain amount of time. WoW IMO is the best MMORPG ever, for me though it was a huge time drain.

I find wow casual, i allways launch WoW from steam so i can chat to my CSS addicted friends, and if i look now... 2.4hours in the last 2 weeks. if thats not casual, i don't know what is.
Ive had membership going for like 4months and only level 31.

But for me, it's just because i don't find it addictive. I kinda find the whole thing a bit tiring, tedious to a point. I only find it fun for like a few hours at a time, at most. I'm bored most days though, i wish i could get addicted :p would give me something to do.

currently addicted to WoW, just started the game a few weeks ago.

i agree that its getting a bit tedious sometimes but if you have a high level friend who can help you out to level up fast, it gets really interesting.

anyway it depends on the person playing the game if they find it addicting or not. lucky you guys arent that addicted to the game since it really messes up my schedule :-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom