cant get bf2 to open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this same problem, but it only started after i updated it. It runs fine when it's not updated, but when i actually update it. The splash screen comes up it goes away, then goes to a black screen like it's loading the GUI, and then goes back to the desktop with no extra processes. It just crashes.

well i didn't buy this game for nothing. and what would cause it to all of a sudden not work?

i only installed BF2 and 2142 to test my pc, the game its self it utter crap, i dont no why people rave on about it. I mean after trying for days to get into a server without crashing you find yourself unable to play becus the other team is just droping bombs and machinegnning down people at spwn points with fighter jets, then when finally you select a spwn point u choose the sniper becus you think you have skill. But even if you do theres no point because theres noone fighting as a soldier, there all in the Mech tanks and bob like that. And after the first 90 seconds of the game you suffer from severe bordom, it crashes for you :p.

I really enjoy the battlefield series. Though the whole no one is a soldier can get a little boring. I too can run the unpatched version just fine, but I patch it...

Ridlyn said:
I had this same problem, but it only started after i updated it. It runs fine when it's not updated, but when i actually update it. The splash screen comes up it goes away, then goes to a black screen like it's loading the GUI, and then goes back to the desktop with no extra processes. It just crashes.

Yeah same here. If I play the original unpatched version it runs fine, but if I patch it, it will start up and crash whenever I try to run it.

Mine is much more stable since I updated it to 1.41.

Uninstall it, reinstall, then patch with the full patch. that's what I did when I reformatted. Your settings could be screwed as well. Try checking out tweakguides.com and their BF2 guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom