cant get bf2 to open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i was just playing it a couple of weeks ago and now when i double click on it, it flashes like it is opening it then it goes back to my desktop.. i uninstalled and reinstalled and is still doing the same thing.... i even patched it and it is still doing the same thing.. what do i do? I even reinstalled windows and it doesn't work!!!

yes i have dx9c and the newest video card drivers from nvidia.com and i have reinstalled bf2 and i tried reformatting windows and it still didn't work.

how long are you waiting before giving up and assuming its not working .
i ask because even on high end computers it takes a while to load that game just try it again and wait go get a drink or whatever see if it loads

Check wwhat is running in the background. BF2 doesn't like to share.

it might be my temps... for some reason, my video card was idle around like 48.. so i put on some new as5 and going to see later on....

Its not your temps, you no why well its because i just installed BF2 out of utter coincedence im also haveing the same problem, it was fine before. Now it wont open. You double click and the BF2 screen pops up then goes.

Temps, definitely not, My CPU idles at 12c and GPU 34c. I noticed something though, after i double clicked i did Ctrl Alt - Del, went into processes and BF2.Exe was running at 256k Mem usage, whilst a process called -E5.0001 was running at a staggering 1,551,349k Memory usage, ive never seen something like it. So i closed it. Then double clicked on BF2 again and it restarted.

Its been trying to launch for a good 3-5 mins now and that -E5.0001 app has gone down to 80,000k usage.

Anyone no the problem ? or wat that E5.0001 process is ?

I had the same issue and I couldn't figure out what was causing it.

Eventually I found out it was my firewall... one of the windows updates seemed to reset the list of programs allowed access to the net. so I just added BF2 to the list than it worked

Didnt work, i only have windowss defender, closed that and its still as responsive as a dead worm:p

ya i heard ur suppose to close that -E5.0001 program... but i dont know.... i am grounded from my computer and occasionally sneak on but i have no luck.. what i dont understand is it was working once and then i my computer to a friends house and tried it and it didn't work but i found the problem what his monitor.. and i took it home and hooked it up and it worked first try... then i forgot what i was doing and then it didn't work.. i dont think i changed any settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom