Can't find lockpicks in Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_wizard

In Runtime
Are there any places you can buy them? I know you can find them in caves and dungeons, but what about buying them in the city?

only place I ever knew about buying them from was the doyen of the theives guild, armand I think his name was. You have to be joining the theives guild though. He sold them for 5 gold a piece I think.

theres this guy, shady sam i think, who stands outside the city walls, he has 30.
Also if you're in the dark bro theres a chap there who has about 30. misc vendors will have one or two.

I found this out by accident when I tried to use the console to get some gold. Open the console using the tilde key and type in this - without quotes.
"player.additem 0000000a *****" where the stars are just add the number of lockpicks you want. I was trying to get gold and typed in 500000. So now i've got 500,000 lockpicks!!!!! If you want gold just change the "a" for an "f" and you've got gold! I know that some of you won't want to cheat but it's here if you want to.

Yep, one of my friends has it. I have no idea how to get it though.

Metr01973 said:
I found this out by accident when I tried to use the console to get some gold. Open the console using the tilde key and type in this - without quotes.
"player.additem 0000000a *****" where the stars are just add the number of lockpicks you want. I was trying to get gold and typed in 500000. So now i've got 500,000 lockpicks!!!!! If you want gold just change the "a" for an "f" and you've got gold! I know that some of you won't want to cheat but it's here if you want to.

Pfff. Cheater. I hate your kind. :p Cheating is for noobs

About lockpicks: If you are a member of the theives guild, you can buy them from any of the fences. They each have 100 picks for 6 gold each.

I bought like 600 lock picks from the fences. So chances are, i wont run out for a while.

I had 30 for the longest time until i wasted them all on a very hard lock. Then i figured out how to use them and pick the lock instead of hitting auto :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom