Cant enable "Creative X-Fi" sound on Battlefield2142

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the screenshot you posted click "enabled eax effects" and see if that helps.

just spotted the pic beefcake was one about, not how extremeaudio doesnt have a tick in hardware acceleration:

xfi_comparison.png

Beefcake said:
The problem is, the X-Fi xtreme audio is the budget X-Fi card, and it doesn't have the same hardware acceleration as the other X-Fi cards, it isn't designed for games. It can't run "Creative X-Fi" in games even though it's branded X-Fi, you are going to need the X-Fi xtreme gamer or xtreme music or higher to be able to run it.

http://us.creative.com/support/

Click on knowledge base, then X-Fi, then "X-Fi Sound Cards Compared", then features (I couldn't post the url) and it will bring up a chart that compares them, you will see the xtreme audio doesn't have the gaming mode nor does it have EAX 5.0 and 128 sounds but 64 sounds.

Why they branded this as an X-Fi card sounds like a scam to me.

Then how come I get the same message he does in BF2142 even though I have an Xtrememusic? Hmm, I'll try everything you said but I'm pretty sure I have already.

RalliArt882 said:
Then how come I get the same message he does in BF2142 even though I have an Xtrememusic? Hmm, I'll try everything you said but I'm pretty sure I have already.
you are doing something wrong.
are you sure that EAX is on before launching the game?
did you update the creative driver and software?

Nevermind. I think i was running on entertainment mode last time >.< But it's on game mode now and I'll try tomorrow. No time tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom