Cant enable "Creative X-Fi" sound on Battlefield2142

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
As title, i got a brand spanking new Creative X-Fi Extreme audio sound card, works fantastic and has brought my x530s to life, but on Battlefield 2142 it tells me my hardware is incompatible and to revert back to the default settings!? :confused:

Heres a pic
error.jpg

Why is that happening, my card has X-Fi obviously and EAX 5.0 so this should work

are you a) in game mode and b) enabled eax effects on the x-fi control panel

(assuming it is the same software as the x-fi extreme music)

Hmm i didnt think it was something that had to be enabled to be honest?
Heres the screen ive got
Screenshot-10_01_200720_48_31.jpg

If i tick that box i then have to pick one of the effects so my music doesnt sound normal! i just want eax on in Battlefield 2142

EDIT, not that it makes much difference but i made a mistake, ive got the "Extreme audio" version

open up the x-fi mode switcher in creative folder.
when you open it, you have 3 options: game, entertainment, music creation.
when you play game, switch it to game mode w/ EAX on.
when you play music, set it to entertainment mode w/ AEX off.
it remembers what setting you had on each modes.

there is also a 3rd party software that let you make application profile and automatically changes the mode according to it.
http://www.freewebs.com/spectra9/xfmc.html

Johnny I have the same problem you do. I'm on a X-fi Xtrememusic here though. BF2142 gives me the exact same message that you got. But hey, my onboard is completely cut off and I force everything through my X-Fi except Teamspeak, and it clearly sounds great. I'm not worried anymore. Just a game issue.

The problem is, the X-Fi xtreme audio is the budget X-Fi card, and it doesn't have the same hardware acceleration as the other X-Fi cards, it isn't designed for games. It can't run "Creative X-Fi" in games even though it's branded X-Fi, you are going to need the X-Fi xtreme gamer or xtreme music or higher to be able to run it.

http://us.creative.com/support/

Click on knowledge base, then X-Fi, then "X-Fi Sound Cards Compared", then features (I couldn't post the url) and it will bring up a chart that compares them, you will see the xtreme audio doesn't have the gaming mode nor does it have EAX 5.0 and 128 sounds but 64 sounds.

Why they branded this as an X-Fi card sounds like a scam to me.

Ok thanks for the info guys, big help.

Anyway boomstick666 says about changing the mode to "game" but i cant seem to find out how to switch modes? i cant see anything called "x-fi mode switcher " anywhere unless ive overlooked it.

Its on "Entertainment" at the moment
Screenshot-11_01_200711_58_41.jpg

jonny_uk said:
Ok thanks for the info guys, big help.

Anyway boomstick666 says about changing the mode to "game" but i cant seem to find out how to switch modes? i cant see anything called "x-fi mode switcher " anywhere unless ive overlooked it.

Its on "Entertainment" at the moment

Like I said in my previous post (go to the link and follow my directions to the graph) the xtreme audio does not have the gamer mode nor does it have EAX 5.0 or the other X-Fi goodies. So you can't enable "X-Fi Creative" acceleration.

If it doesnt have different modes then why does it even bother to say "Entertainment MODE"!?

Surly if it didnt have any modes to switch between it wouldnt say anything at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom