Cant connect to Call of duty 5 servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really isnt a difference. DMZ gives your IP a direct connection to the internet disabling all the security features. That way there he dosent have to move any cables around and its just a 1 click hit apply kinda thing. If that dosent work then id suggest possibly a format or something becasue a piece of software is preventing him from connecting to the servers.

I need my router for wireless my PC is like 3 floors above my modem, but dont say thts the problem because I have played millions of online games just fine including COD 4

And how do I get to my router setup in the browser? lol sry im a noob when it comes to networing

So then DMZ would be your only option.

Most routers have a stock setup IP of 192.168.1.1

Try putting that address in your browser and it should pop up with the browser setup function of your router.

I think this is punkbuster related. There is a command line you enter when you start the game to update your punkbuster. I cannot remember how to do it because I only played this during the free beta. Do some research for punkbuster and cod waw.

I have installed CoD5 and the Punkbuster that came with it and have been able to connect online just fine.

Is Punkbuster enabled in the options? Do you have Internet selected?

Have you set a password for it yet? If youve never been to it before then it should be default. The only way it cant be yours is if your not connected to your own router.

Find the manual for your router and it will provide you with the default pass and user to log in.

I tryed tht ip and its not mine, my username and pass dnt work
also Yes to the punk buster and internet selected thing

Have you tried connecting directly to your modem just to see if you can get on and see game rooms? Just try that first so we can eliminate possible issues.

If it works when you are directly connected then it's your router/ports that is the problem. If you cannot connect even when you directly connected then it's most likely your punkbuster and you may need to manually update your punkbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom