Cant connect to Call of duty 5 servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozar927

In Runtime
Nothing shows up in the server screen, and when it does it has 0 players in it -___- I know someones playing this game lol. I have the 1.1 patch BTW

Ok and when I do try to connect it dosent let me, and then I close COD5 and I cant get online, no browsing, or anyother online game even tho it says im still connected to the internet, I need to restart my PC to make it work again and then If I try COD5 same ting all over again.

noone knows? How can I be the only one who cant connect to the servers?

I even tried reinstalling the game

BTW I forwarded all the ports that it says COD5 uses and even tried it once with no firewall at all, and its the same problem

I have the same problem lately. I am not using a router. Straight shot from modem to PC. I have the latest patch. My copy is legit and purchased. Before the holidays I was hosting online games and joining games with no problem. I come back from the holidays and I cannot host for some reason and when I look for games to join only 5 or 6 servers show up. It says that I am connected in the game and all other applications work fine. I can host a game and invite a friend and it works fine. But, it acts like I am not being seen by the general public and, like I said earlier, I can't see more than 5 or 6 other servers. One of my friends is 600 miles away, also uses Comcast, and cannot host games or get a complete server list. I can find nothing on the net that would explain this recent problem such as the main server or whatever being down or comcast changing port etc....All other games seem to be operating as before. The only thing that I can think of is that I installed the .net2 framework and the SP1 for it before I left for the holidays. I also thought that maybe my firewall could be blocking it. In the exceptions WaW is allowed. But just to make sure it wasn't the firewall, I turned it off. Didn't work so I can rule out the possibility of the firewall blocking it. Also, turned off all virus monitoring, spyware programs, reset, unplugged and plugged the modem, ran virus and spyware programs, ran internet speed diagnostics, adjusted in game settings every possible way....No success there either. If anyone has a solution or at least a reason why this is happening I would be extremely grateful.

Ok and when I do try to connect it dosent let me, and then I close COD5 and I cant get online, no browsing, or anyother online game even tho it says im still connected to the internet, I need to restart my PC to make it work again and then If I try COD5 same ting all over again.

That makes me think its security software like Norton or McAfee or something.

You said you have the ports forwarded so are those ports 28930 - 28960?

Yes, I have installed the patch. Like I said everything was working great before I went on vacation. Wondering if the .net 2.0 Framework install could be the culprit. Do any of y'all have that installed on your machines?

Yes its a store bought copy : ]. I have mopst of thoes ports open (how do I open a bunch of ports at once?) and I only use AVG and windows firewall which I tryed playing with both of them off and it was the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom