Can You Use Hamachi To Play Games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurdaX

In Runtime
I was wondering if you could use Hamachi to play games like Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, Starcraft ,Warcraft 3and all the other network games you can play over a Lan. How does it work, How does one go about doing this and Have you ever done so yourself and how have you found it to be.

That's what is was made for.

I've never used it, though. I know Havok and Nubius have played Company of Heroes using Hamachi.

Hamachi works for games, yes. It works by making a Virtual Private Network and both users (you and a friend for instance) go through a Hamachi server to be connected to each other. You will see all of the people on your "buddy list" in your LAN.

It is very straight forward, and when you install, it gives setup directions. It works for games as well.

Basically, it emulates a LAN connection over the internet, and very well too.

Hey guys is it possible to play Counter Strike 1.6 and Source and also Ghost Reacon advance Warfighter over Hamachi and has anyone done so before and can tell me how to do so please and thank you in advance.

It's very simple.

Just create a network, name it any name you want,and then have your freind join the same network in hamachi, and your set to go.

I know how to create a network using hamachi, I just want to know if anyone has tried playing those games over hamachi due to the fact that both use steam and they cause a problem. I want to know if this is true and how one can over ride this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom