can my setup run crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well depends how long... if he is going to wait a long while i would just put out that money just so i could game in peace untill i got the rest, that 8800gt is getting dragged down hard core by that processor

Yup, the $60 would be worth it, and he could sell the single core chip for at least $20-$30, so it would be a $30 upgrade and a 3000 point increase in 3dmark06.

WOOT scored 5242 in 3dmark06 lol. I NEED to get my new stuff, it will be at like 11k. hurray for 2ghz single core cpu! i'm thinking about OCing it like 2ghz with my stock fan, will that work? will it give me a boost of fps?

woot, got the demo and put the resolution at 1440x900 with all high settings and got anywhere from 15-24fps. Not too bad considering my cpu is single core and only 2ghz. Can't wait to get my new quad core cpu, prolly get like 40fps on high settings u think?

CPU's don't affect FPS in crysis as much as you would think. Crysis is very GPU and memory dependant.

You may only gain 2-3FPS from the new CPU.

I only see about a 3-4 FPS increase when my CPU is OCed 50%.

CPU's don't affect FPS in crysis as much as you would think. Crysis is very GPU and memory dependant.

I got a 7fps gain going from 2.5ghz dual core to 3.1ghz dual core.

Yeah but his CPU is REALLY bottlenecking his GPU. I would say you'll see around 40 on high, 30's on very high. At least that's about what I got (45 avg on high, 30-35 on some very high scripts), and your system will be about the same as mine.

settings on all high at 1900x1200 no AA i got 25-30fps average. thats with my e6400 & 8800gt. i think his cpu would be severly bottlenecking his pc if he's only getting 5.5k on 3dmark06. should be atleast 9-10k with an 8800gt and decent dual core!

to save me creating a new thread...can the system in my sig run crysis??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom