Can my computer run _____?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assure you, its there. Try looking for "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - PC" I passed in minimum as well as recommended.

Anphrax said:
I assure you, its there. Try looking for "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - PC" I passed in minimum as well as recommended.
Yeah it is, i see it now. Funny thing is, when i took the test, i failed the recommended specs. I have maxed out everything else but my cpu speed is just too slow even though its at 2.8ghz. :( ;) Everything else is fine though. :D

yeah that thing doesn't seem to be that accuarate. I passed all minimun and recommended requirements for HL2 exept the cpu. WTF I have an AMD Sempron 64 2800+ Palermo..... the min requirement is only a PIII!!!!!:freak:

it's because it's CPU's are based off of Intels clock speeds not AMDs. Any time you see that on games, it's based on Intels. Yours is 'kind of' like a 2.8GHz Intel of a similar core and whatnot so obviously you'd pass the CPU part of that. Just like I failed on oblivions recommended because it wants a 3GHz CPU.......AMD doesn't even make a 3GHz CPU lol, so that tells you it's Intel they are basing it off of.

The only thing that i fail in the recommended is the cpu part, but i really have intel p4 so its that much worse.(2.4ghz)

Nubius said:
it's because it's CPU's are based off of Intels clock speeds not AMDs. Any time you see that on games, it's based on Intels. Yours is 'kind of' like a 2.8GHz Intel of a similar core and whatnot so obviously you'd pass the CPU part of that. Just like I failed on oblivions recommended because it wants a 3GHz CPU.......AMD doesn't even make a 3GHz CPU lol, so that tells you it's Intel they are basing it off of.
Thats what i was thinking. What about the OS part? I almost didnt pass that test on another game even though im using XP home. That shouldnt really make a difference, should it?

thebleakness said:
What about the OS part? I almost didnt pass that test on another game even though im using XP home. That shouldnt really make a difference, should it?

Thats because the recommended is technically in this order: "2000/xp/xp64"

All thats saying is xp64 would be the best but all you have is xp... I dont think it has anything to do with performance. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom