Can ISP block traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
This may sound like a retarded question but is it possible for IPS's to randomly block game traffic? I have noticed before and in my current situation that when I play a few certain games a hour or two a day for several weeks all of a sudden I can't make a connection for several day and then for no reason I can start playing again.

Is there a utility that will help determine if certain ports or types of traffic have been blocked for me? I use InsightBB, I have had a lot of problems with them for general connection problems, when that happens I am totally off line though.

They also called me several times when I first started my service and asked me if there was something wrong with my computer because I down loaded a few gigs of data (TV shows) over a 5 day period, needless to say that ****ed me off that they would call me about something like that.

Hmmmm, is there any way to tell if that is happening other than calling them?

That's a bunch of BS, I never signed anything stating that my monthly fee was limited to a certain amount of bandwidth so I don't see how they can get away with that.

You can do speed tests, to see what you should be recieving.

But, yea, they can do whatever they want, you should read that TOS again, very carefully..

In my current situation it looks like the problem is a half bad router.

Yeah, they never called me like that again, although I really don't down load that much stuff anyways but I think they try to use it like a scare tactic so you know they know.

They can filter and throttle data as well.

yeah Rogers throttles bittorrent like mad. Sucks >.>

They also just reduced the 'Unlimited' service I'm paying for to 60GB per month.

I just used that in two weeks >< So now I have to upgrade to the more expensive "Unlimited" service, that is limited to 90GB.

crooks.

"Unlimited"...to 90GB

That is bad...bear in mind also that in the UK they advertise so-called Unlimited downloads but with a "fair usage" policy which to me should be reported to Trading Standards as, from what i believe, Unlimited should be unlimited or fair usage...make up your minds ISP's...you know who you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom