Can i play WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
Right now i have a Dell dimension 4300 that we got a few years ago. Will WoW work for me with it and with only a 56k modem? Also will it work for the system in my sig with a 56k modem?

How fast does your 56k modem connect? WoW works on faster dial-up, so if you connect at 48k or 50k or somewhere around there, you should be okay. Now if you are down below 33k, good luck with playing WoW, because it probably isn't going to happen.

regardless, highly populated zones like the main towns and pvp areas will give you some trouble with lag, but it will be playable

Freind of mine is running half those specs (not including ram) on 56k. And we are in Australia.

If he does not have the graphics maxed out, he does not have much of a problem.

Just make sure you are not around when the horde or alliance desides to raid city as you will lag out.

Try getting cable or dsl. You need that for such games like these. I wouldent try with 56k, to many problems you can incounter.

Ya for you to really enjoy WoW and most Mmorpgs you need a faster internet connection. With 56k you wont be able to participate in the raids and enter large towns.

You have the hardware fine, wow has its server side issues; as mentoned expect some lag due to that. Believe it or not, this game will still eat up a gig of ram, so at max settings youll still get good performance but in some areas it will slow down a lot. Some of the issues are do to coding, but dont expect to enter the auction house at iron forge without some slow down, in particular if your connection is bogged down or slow, the game will reflect that, data is two way after all, turn down all them settings and you should still be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom