Can I play doom 3 with fx5200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a FX5200 and I can play doom 3. But the problem is when it gets into an intense fighting situation then you see the choppyness. So it CAN be played on a card like that, but it isn't the most enjoyable experiance.
Cheers

it says g force 4mx is worse than g force 3, what's with that???
Because the MX line is the lowest end of the card you can get....Ti was the highest kind....the MX's were basically the valueCards.....now if it was a Gf3 MX it wouldn't beat it, although I realize that site says 'worse than the gf3' they mean just the gf3 and up, not from as low as the Gf3 MX cards.

Re: Re: Can I play doom 3 with fx5200?

BigDaddywill said:
well i can tell you this much i just recently upgraded from a geforce fx 5200 and when i was using that i played doom 3 just fine no screen lag or anything, what alot of people dont realize its not just the video card its a combo of ram video and cpu speed with 1 gig of ram and a 5200 u can play doom 3 ut2004 etc no problem i wouldnt recommend maxing out your details and resolutions but imho only idiots do that anyway.. why strain yur system for a few pixels i always max my system toward better performance, being an online competitor lagging out in a firefight can be a real bummer..even with lowest settings you wont notice any difference unless you got a microscope and youre counting pixels one by one

You can tell the differences between low and high bigtime, high and ultra there isnt much of a difference.

With the 5200 I think you'll be able to play it decently. It depends how picky you are, games drive me nuts if they go below 45 fps at any point, if you can deal with it going down to 15 or something at points then you can play it on medium id say.

I don't get it. How come you're choosing AGP or a PCI card when your motherboard can use a PCI-E card? I've never heard of a 939 socket motherboard not use PCI-E.

The K8NSC is an AGP motherboard.

it says g force 4mx is worse than g force 3, what's with that???

The GeForce4 MX name was probably the biggest misnomer around; it actually borrowed few features from the higher-end GeForce4 Ti cards, but feature-wise (and performance-wise), it was basically a tweaked GeForce2 (e.g. no support for fragment and vertex shaders or environment-mapped bumpmapping, or 64-tap anisotropic filtering, unlike the GeForce3).

the FX 5200 is better than the ati 9250. in terms of bang for the buck nvidia is always better. i dont know if ati uses platinum transistors or diamond on their capacitors but i cant see why they have to cost so much more than nvidia, within similar classes of devices ofcourse. ati even has the guts to release a 2006 all in wonder that uses a radeon 9600 gpu!!! what century are they in??? no formidable game of 2005 could run on a radeon 9600 gpu. ATi is crazy.

ID software always makes good software so tweaking the graphics options could allow you to play the game using a FX5200, would still reccommend having 1GB of ram because i think the game fills more memory as you play and it could saturate and end up crashing even on 512MB ram. if you want to run it on 512MB ram then u definitely need a faster GPU such as a geforce 6800. some good advice if you dont have alot of money at this time would be to buy a E-VGA geforce 6600GT then you could use their evga's step up program and trade in your 6600GT for a 6800GT. only evga has a step up program like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom