Can I play doom 3 with fx5200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi. I know that with this vd card I can't play the newer games, but from the not to old ones, can I play Doom 3? or let say games from 2-3 years ago? I am not a computer gamer, but now that I just build my new rig I want to try some games. Here is my pc aspecs.

3000 amd 939
Gigabite GA-k8nsc
1 gb ram 3200
200 WD HD
ATI FX5200

I highly doubt itll play Doom 3 On high settings, lucky if you get medium settings even but Im sure itll play some games "well" that are 2-3 years old.

Don't Qoute me.

elperra said:
Hi. I know that with this vd card I can't play the newer games, but from the not to old ones, can I play Doom 3? or let say games from 2-3 years ago? I am not a computer gamer, but now that I just build my new rig I want to try some games. Here is my pc aspecs.

3000 amd 939
Gigabite GA-k8nsc
1 gb ram 3200
200 WD HD
ATI FX5200

Just wanted to let ya know, it's GeForce FX5200, not ATI.

I played Doom 3 on my FX5200. It's a cheap Point of View card. It worked at low settings, but only 20-30fps max.

My laptop plays it on Ultra settings with the resolution at 640x480 settings and vertical sync on. I have seen a max of like 30-35 fps and the lowest I have seen it go is about 10 fps for only a little while. I haven't tried higher resolutions yet. Not bad for a 64mb card.

My PC plays it about the same, only a littler higher resolution. Except, with it, I have to turn the vertical sync off or it will lag pretty bad.

Check out this site for the requirements for Doom 3, says GeForce FX cards are supported. http://www.doom3portal.com/info/systemreq.php

I can play doom 3 with my setup on low at 640 x 480 and get about 15fps but the wierd thing is it will get choppier after I play for a while then eventually just crash all together.

one more thing is in the system requirements

from
http://www.doom3portal.com/info/systemreq.php

it says g force 4mx is worse than g force 3, what's with that???

elperra said:

3000 amd 939
Gigabite GA-k8nsc
1 gb ram 3200
200 WD HD
ATI FX5200

well i can tell you this much i just recently upgraded from a geforce fx 5200 and when i was using that i played doom 3 just fine no screen lag or anything, what alot of people dont realize its not just the video card its a combo of ram video and cpu speed with 1 gig of ram and a 5200 u can play doom 3 ut2004 etc no problem i wouldnt recommend maxing out your details and resolutions but imho only idiots do that anyway.. why strain yur system for a few pixels i always max my system toward better performance, being an online competitor lagging out in a firefight can be a real bummer..even with lowest settings you wont notice any difference unless you got a microscope and youre counting pixels one by one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom