Can I install Crysis Warhead on two OS one HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I am currently messing around with Vista32 and Vista64. I wanted to run Crysis Warhead on both of them for testing. I have the game installed on a slave drive (HDD3) and I have Vista32 and Vista64 on HDD1 and HDD2.

I tried to run the exe from the slave on Vista64. When I did it asked for my serial number which I putted in. Nothing happened. So my question is when I try to install this on Vista64 will it work on both OS?

Try a no-cd crack.. but in all likeliness, the game needs to collect information from the registry, so it will probably only run under the OS you installed it in.. unless of course, maybe go through the installation on both installs and make the install directory the same?

I have to admit I'm not entirely too sure about this

^Yeah, of course that'll work.. so you basically have the game installed in two spaces. Didn't you intend to have only one installation of the game in one directory and be able to open it up from both OSs?

You should be able to just install any 32bit program to the same place in both OS. Basically you install the program on one then install it again on the other so it adds the info for registry. You might need to change default save locations for the game though since it might access the save game data in different folders.

Well I did want to do it that way but at the time I wasn't sure if that would cuz any conflicts so for the moment I just installed it there.

Yes, you can. It'd be the same as installing it on one computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom