Can attempt to play HL: Lost Coast with a Radeon 9800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why their is no AA or AF in their HL2 HDR demo
You say that as if you know 100% for sure dude. Mind you the video no doubt has been compressed a little bit so any 'jaggies' found just from viewing it could simply be from that.

i dont know crap about video cards (stupidly buying the 9800 pro)
and on this fourm i was just looking at, it said that i could "download" something that would "make" my 9800 PRO HDR (high dynamic rendering) compatible, aka- i can basically install ps3.0 on my radeon 9800. Please tell me if this is bull because i really have no idea, but I hope its true so i can play lost coast in all its glory!!!!! AHYHHH DIDDY MAO MUST GET LOST COAT!!!!!!!

dhw200 said:
Yea, im pretty pissed at ATI. I know that the game hardly looks like crap with and without 3.0 shaders. I just hate it that they didnt include them in my X850 XT. I do remind myself though its not like im stuck with a geforce 2 mx 400 lol.

I feel the same way as you do with my X800 Pro. I too have to remind myself I came from a GeForce 4 MX 440 before the X800 Pro, so I am much better off than I was or most people in fact are. But what really sucks is that this is the first time in history that a game will be released that even people with the latest and greatest will have to keep their fingers crossed about running it. Only the lucky GeForce 6800 owners and even fewer R520 owners will have a chance at playing this.

i dont know crap about video cards (stupidly buying the 9800 pro)
and on this fourm i was just looking at, it said that i could "download" something that would "make" my 9800 PRO HDR (high dynamic rendering) compatible, aka- i can basically install ps3.0 on my radeon 9800. Please tell me if this is bull because i really have no idea, but I hope its true so i can play lost coast in all its glory!!!!! AHYHHH DIDDY MAO MUST GET LOST COAT!!!!!!!

That is bull....the ATI 9800 series as well as the X800/X850 series doesn't have the hardware capability to handle Pixel Shader 3.0. It is a hardware flaw itself, not software. To run "The Lost Coast", you are going to need a GeForce 6 series card or later, or the new R520.

beedubaya said:

That is bull....the ATI 9800 series as well as the X800/X850 series doesn't have the hardware capability to handle Pixel Shader 3.0. It is a hardware flaw itself, not software. To run "The Lost Coast", you are going to need a GeForce 6 series card or later, or the new R520.

If u dont have PS 3.0, u can play Lost coast, just no HDR.

@whoever said PS 3.0 is software

Its basiclly a chip built into the GPU. U cant download that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom