Call of duty jerky in windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubersnook

Beta member
hey
I tried running Call of Duty (game of year edition) on my laptop and it runs very bad even with low graphics options. I'm wondering does it have anything to do with win2000. My main specs are:

AMD Athlon 1.8 ghz
512mb ram
64mb ATi mobility radeon 9600
directx 9.0c

I think it should run on this machine. Would WinXP be better? do i need other drivers for the graphics card? XP drivers are the same as 2000 aren't they?

Thanks

Thats really strange, I really doubt it has to do with Windows 2000 and your specs should be able to play Call of Duty no problem. maybe u should try.... REFORMATING mwahaha... cuz I duno

First of all, I would never use a laptop for gaming, but I wouldn't expect to see results that bad. Try reformatting. Also, are you running off battery? If you are, maybe it is getting low and not able to provide the juice needed for heaving gaming.

Is your Win 2k installation running on at least SP2 (or better yet SP4)

Games are an imposibility to play on Win 2k until you put at least Service Pack 2 on.

thanks for responding lads!
It has service pack 4 running and its i'm not using the battery. i dont fancy reformatting as thats a pain in the ass and I've done that a while back anyway.
Seriously tho thanks for posting something as I was emensely pissed of when I started playing the game.

Maybe you should try to upgrade to XP then. :confused: You shouldn't be having those problems with your specs. However, if you refuse to reformat, you can't expect much to be done about your computer problems if you've tried everything else. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom