Call of Duty 4 Problem - PC goes to Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieranG

Beta member
Hiya!

I've never used this forum before so if theres anything else you need be to do just say.

I am posting here because randomly my computer (While playing Cod4) goes straight to standby. I've checked to see if it's overheating and my GPU and Cores don't go above 46 degrees and 42 respectively(At the time of crashing). So it can't be that - I've had some problems with my direct X recently and the ddrawex.dll and gwlib.dll however, these would not cause problems like this would they?

I have a 9800 GTX and have had no problems like this before - Have you guys seen anything like this before or can offer anything?

Thanks

Kieran

Edit: On reflection; It's not going into standby. The problem is specifically that the screen is blacking out, everything crashes. It doesn't restart or anything it just goes black

What is your powersupply wattage? If your computer is going into standby, that means you can power it on with the spacebar correct? OR is your screen just going black.

First thing I would try would be uninstalling all your display drivers and reinstall updated ones.

If that doesn't work well take step two.

your not overclocking your 9800GTX are you? i used to have one and it would do exactly what you are saying if i had too much of an overclock on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom