Call of Duty 4 Direct X problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pts2800

In Runtime
when i try and turn the graphics up on COD4 it closes out and says there is a direct X error. i have 9.0c, and the newest video card driver and i still get this error. and i have reinstalled it 3 times and still does not work, so i am stuck on 800x600, and everything else on minimum. any sujustion for what i can do because it sucks running it on minimum, when i can have it on higher settings.

what i am running:
video card-nvidia 7800gtx 512mb
ram-2g
cpu-pendium D 2.66GHz duel core

i had the same problem i have a Nvidia 7950 gx2 i found out there is a conflict with COD4 and the 7 Series cards. i got around it by duel booting the computer and running it on Vista rather than XP. If you cant do that try downloading the Beta version of Direct x 10 i've heard that fix's it too. Let us know how u get on.

everyone i talk to about DX 10 and read about it says it only works on vista? my computer is only XP, will the beta work on xp?

a possible solution is to completely close out of xfire,

Xfire has been known to screw with such things

yea I used to have xfire as well, but it messed with my programs. Great program, but wish there was another like it.

This exact same problem is happening to me as well, but I have also tried closing out of all programs, including xfire, and vent. Im running COD4 on XP with a 8800GT. Its great, but I would really like a better resolution than 1024x768...now so far I have just been making due with the resolution, but now that Im trying to load into a match server, it does the same thing just before I connect and load into the server. Again I have tried closing down everything and starting it as well, and it still wont start. Any suggestions? Cause I would really enjoy better resolution and to play some matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom