Call of Duty 4 Demo released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like you have a rig around the same specs as mine, and I can get max settings on 1280x1024.

i gave my buddy the demo...he had a 2 yr old pentium htt sony vaio...i think it had a radeon X600xt..something like that.

And he was playing it on the lowest resolution lowest setting with 2Xaa and it still looked pretty good.

Finally got the chance to download and play...

The only thing I can give this game is that it still looks astounding on lowest settings and my x1950GT can run it at 120 fps, even peaking at 150-200, at 1280x1024, and it'll play cleanly at 45-50fps on maxed settings... and has the best night-vision effect I've ever seen (not just a bright green overlay), and as mentioned before, the javelin animation is cool, explosions and smoke (good as usual) were probably taken right out of CoD2/3

otherwise, it isn't that big a leap from CoD2 or CoD4, graphically speaking, and even gameplay-wise, it seems they used the same graphics engine and put in a modern, middle-eastern setting with modern weapons, still fun though, played through it a couple of times, trying to beat it as quickly as possible on regular difficulty (it's SHORT), playing on veteran is a lot more time-consuming and fun though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom