Call of Duty 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFig

Beta member
I have an ATI Radeon x700 Pro 256mb and for some reason my computer just can't handle Call of Duty 2. Its killing me, I want to know why. I've tweaked all my settings and no matter what my settings are, from normal to extra texture settings my FPS is choppy. I really like this game when it isnt choppy and want to play it on good graphical settings. Any reason for why this is happening?

Well im glad you got it working because i wouldnt have been able to help you out there. but i saw your name and im thinking you got it from the SOAD song, right?

i run COD2 at 1024x768 with extra detail textures and on DX9 with no AA and it runs fine, switchig to DX7 will give more performance but the game graphics wil be worser, so i don't like to play it on DX7

I play it on 1280*1024 with extra setting DX7 4xAA Trilinear Filtering, if i put DX9 im forced to play on 800*600, and really all the DX9 gives you is snow falling and stuff of that sort.

There was also some game tweaks that you could do, i dont remember them i think its /r_multigpu 1, /r_gpusync 0, it gave me another 20FPS

The bare minimum to play it in DX9 is an X700 Pro. I play it at 1280x1024 with my 7800GT in DX9, but i get about 30 fps. This game must just not be optimized well for DX9. Probably because its just a modified Quake 3 Arena engine which began as a DX6 engine.

maroon1 said:
i am sure u can play it on 1024x768 on DX9 if u run it on 2xAA (not 4xAA).

I would do that but when i play on the D-Day mission my fps turns to crap, i get like 2 or 3 FPS at the beginning and it becomes a slideshow for no apparent reason.

But the graphics are still superb the way i have them.

I run it at 1280x1024, x4 anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, all the stuff enabled but on dx7. im satisfied with the graphics..and it runs smoother then ****.

and yes my name is from soad :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom