call of duty 1.3 help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

largo

Beta member
help me!! ok ive been using "call of duty" with patch 1.2 fine for 3 months now with no problem and yesterday tried the new 1.3 patch and it will NOT except my original c.o.d. cd.. I tryed unistall and reinstall with no luck. It won't let me play single person and will ask me for the right cd but WILL let me play multiplayer with out the cd...I have since put back 1.2 and it works fine... I have 5 recent games on my PC and never had this problem...I have a 2.4 P4 with "FX5600 256" a DVD drive and a seperate cdrw burner...The guy at the computer store says that I might try disconnecting one of my drives to install it because the "call of duty" CD might be getting confused. I registered my game with "activision"and emailed customer service and have had several back and forth emails with him telling me to do lots of things that don't work and waste time. The only thing they have not told me to do is soak my hard drive in "palmolive soap" So it any one got any ideas--- bring'em on Thanks.

I'm not sure, but maybe it would have to be a bug in the patch itself. Why is it such a big deal anyway? If Call of Duty works fine with the 1.2 patch installed, then why bother disconnecting drivers or anything like that? Just wait for the next patch or something like that to come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom