C&C Zero Hour and Vista problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigm@tic

In Runtime
I can't join any online games in C&C Zero Hour online... someone told me that vista has issues with ZH online but does anyone know how to resolve this?

I installed latest patch and run the game as administrator but still the same problem (firewall disabled too - using ESET Smart Security).

However, C&C Generals which is the older version works completely fine for me online. I'm using Vista x64.

I tried that too but when I try and join an online game I get the message "Failed to join - this game is a different version" although I have the latest patch (1.04).

Maybe The First Decade version and the original Zero Hour aren't compatible. Wouldn't surprise me with EA.

Bump if anyone has a solution/fix .... still can't play zero hour online in vista x64

so you have set it as admin, and xp sp2

try the 256 color option seen in this pic

compat.jpg

right click your program--->properties---->compatability

Running in 256 colors isn't going to allow him to play online. Try running a DMZ on your router with a static IP for your computer.

I don't think it has to do with my router... I can play the older version C&C generals online fine. I'll try a 3rd reinstall and update patch to see.

Each version of C&C uses a different server though. It's either a server problem on their end or it's a connection/firewall problem on your end. Constant reinstalls doesn't affect anything.

Finally it's working.

I uninstalled it completely, manually deleted files left over... ran CCleaner scans then restarted, scanned again to remove anything left and installed the game. Rebooted again then installed the latest patch, disabled the firewall and just worked good, hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the advice guys. If the problem comes back i'll have to fiddle with router maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom