C&C Red Alert 3 Limited MP Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Didn't see a thread on it and I just got an E-mail stating that fileplanet subscribers get a shot at the C&C Red alert 3 multiplayer beta that's ongoing now, so I figured I'd post on it. They just released one of the last (i think) wave of beta keys.
Anyhow I get to give it a shot anyway. Clients only 754Mb.

Red Alert 3 Beta on FilePlanet

Suggested system specs are really quite low.

Can't wait to see how it looks/runs/plays.

yeah I wouldn't have if I didn't already have a subscription. The speed and service blows but I bought one for the age of conan beta a ways back and forgot to cancel it :/ meh oh well lol

well im a file planet suscriber, that 50$ made things liek this very much worth it:p il post screens. when im done downloading. there is only like 3/4 good betas a year anyway but imo its worth it, i originaly did it for a crysis beta, i didnt have time for AOC because of the fire and now there is this.

Went out last night and didn't play it, but I gave it a little while just now, and so far I'm very..... unimpressed.
It basically plays, looks and feels like a dumbed down version of C&C. It's something that could have been released PRE - C&C Generals.

Placement of buildings is limited to only 4 diagonal directions. 'X'.

Placement of Ore refineries is limited to 1 place. Directly in front of the pre-built ore 'mine'. The truck just shuttles back and forth over 3 or 4 squares every 2 or 3 seconds bringing 300 ore. Makes for one 2000$ refinery for every mine, and multiple trucks actually slow it down. Very poor setup.

There's an Obnoxious thick yellow outline around every unit you have selected. It's absurd.

From what I was able to determine theres no terrain deformation. Apocalypse tanks (mammoth tank) doesn't so much as even leave a black mark after shotting the same spot for 5 min.

In short it's basically a C&C game built for 10-14yo's using old game engines.

Only thing it has going for it is that the terrain looks Relatively decent. Water looks great, though you can't tell from the photos. The view is really too close to the ground even at full zoom, but that's fine i s'pose.

I also laughed when it saved the screenshot as a 7Mb .bmp file. /sigh

From what I see in this MP beta I won't bother with this. C&C 3 is 100x better, and much higher quality. It's a shame.

I was very much looking forward to this but I have a bad feeling that it is not going to be very good. Hopeing Starcraft 2 is good because I would really like a great strategy game to play.

mini-map looks too cartoony, yellow outline looks terrible :| and if it's built on an old engine...well, that sucks too :(

same as dario03, it looked great...but now...not very much

I have a friend who doesn't want to try it... but I freaking can't run it..

the buildings look so out of place really and so do the units...like the terrain looks good, but then the buildings stick out n look weird....

hopefully they'll fix a lot of stuff before launch because i'm still willing to try it out

ewww yea really, after watching the videos on the site of the units...they all look so cartoony and so do the buildsings. terrain looks so great but just everything else :( I liked the way red alert 2 looked, it looked more realistic n better in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom