Building new comp for pc games, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
Since my good friend is getting him self a new computer, he is going to sell me:

ATi Radeon 9800 (i think)
Motherboard
Hard Drive

for 100$.

Now, since i dont know a lot about what you need for a computer, what else do i need?

Plz list all the stuff i will need, and how much/exact name of product for it to run games like HL 2, and high powerd stuff.

Gfx card: Ati Radeon 9800 or better
Motherboard: Asus K8V SE Deluxe
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
CPU: Athlon 64 3200+ Clawhammer
Hard Drive: Maxtor or Western Digital SATA
Case: Any Chieftec Dragon with 5 fans or more
Optical drives: You choose
Floppy: do you need a floppy drive these days?
Mods and lights: You choose

Hope that helps.

Newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com. Zipzoomfly.com has good prices and comes w/ free 2nd day shipping! While Newegg.com has really good prices and only some things come w/ free ground shipping :(. And i dont think you need a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, its way too expensive and its not like has that much of a noticable diffrence than a SB Live! I would just stick to the SB Live! and save some money so you can speend it on other stuff that actually will increase the proformance like RAM or a better processor. And you dont need to buy a $100 cheiftec case, i would just get a cheap case and put some fans it it (save money).

go with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+, it is built for gaming. If you are on a tighter budget go for the 3000+ 64. HD, i cant see...

Hrm, the links dont work.

Well, on that website, theres like 5 different AMD Athlon 64 3200+, so i dont know which to get.

And for the hard drive, i dont know which to get, cuz theres like 5 different ones as well.

Can someone give the exact name

Hows this set up:

Gfx card: Ati Radeon 9800 or better

Motherboard: Asus K8V SE Deluxe

Sound Blaster Live

CPU: Athlon 64 3200+ Clawhammer

Hard Drive: Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, MODEL 6Y160M0, OEM Drive Only.

Case: Rosewill ATX Case with 400W Power Supply and Side Window (Black), Model "TU-155".

Optical drives: NEC 8X Black DVD+RW/-RW Drive, Model ND-2500A, OEM Bulk.

Fans: Thermaltake SilentTower 4 in 1 CPU Cooler for Intel P4 478 & Socket T, AMD K7 & K8, with Heatpipe Cooling, Model "CL-P0025"

Ram- 1024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom