Bugs In Hl2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Has any one noticed any bugs in HL2.

I found several in the Water Hazard Chapter (Chapter 2). Both involving the helicopter.

After has been 2 times where I have had the helicopter ignor me. I was just just hovering above the dam gates. I would be firing at it even, at it would not even react.

There was also 1 time where the I could see the water spay, and hear the helicopter, but I could not see the it. Nor would it react to me ether.

Any one notice any other bugs???

There is a bug with Creative Audigy cards that will cause the game to skip sometimes if the sound quality is on high.

Well a patch is a given, but all I have noticed is that when you are in dark areas or tunnels the 3-D design and structure model's lines started showing. Im done with the game but nothing too bad.

well, read something interesting, the nvidia 5200 - 5600 cards (although directX type) will be defaulted by the game as a directX 8 card for performance increase however can be forced into its native directX 9 at a performance decrease... this is incase anyone is reading this with a lower end card having some shader and model issues. The reason is because it is running at DX8 and not 9. Still, looks damn good to me!

killians45 said:
well, read something interesting, the nvidia 5200 - 5600 cards (although directX type) will be defaulted by the game as a directX 8 card for performance increase however can be forced into its native directX 9 at a performance decrease... this is incase anyone is reading this with a lower end card having some shader and model issues. The reason is because it is running at DX8 and not 9. Still, looks damn good to me!

The DX9 support is horrible in FX cards. They did not meet Valve's standards and hence were forced to be played in DX8.1.

This is different if you have ATIs. The ATI cards which are DX9 compliant have it set to DX9 under advanced video settings.

Also I thought you could not force FX cards to play DX9. The console command is a limit for max DX but since FX cards have been forced to play HL2 only in DX9 by Valve even if you set the game to max DX9 it is actually still running at DX8.1. To my knowledge FX cards cannot play HL2 at DX9 at all.

it can be forced, but its a bad idea to do it... u use the switch:

-dxlevel 90

at the command line to do this.

HIGHWAY 17. I get to that remote base, take down the Gunship. And then after that I spent about a 30 minutes running around trying to look for the guy to open up the gate for me to drive on. HE WAS NOT THERE AT THE CONTROL PANEL.

So I restarted from the last save point.

Problem again. There was a create that some how fell behind the gate. (my bad as I was screwing around with the Grapple Gun too much). This prevented the gate from opening.

So again, I reloaded from the last save, Removed the offending create, and I was on my way again.

HL and HL2 are notorious for being able to actively futz the game. This is mainly due to the incredible level of "fooling around" you can do in the game, especially in HL2.

For example, you can stack up some stuff in RavenHome and go through nearly the entire level on the roofs, away from most danger. Playing around, you can go to a number of places in most levels that players shouldn't normally go, just by creeping around, always looking behind stuff and for ways on top of buildings, etc.

There are some "good" bugs in the game. For instance, you don't have to hit the gunships with 3 rockets to kill them. All you have to do is "threaten" them with a rocket, making them run away sideways into something. In the bridge level, I chased the gunship with a rocket and it crashed into the middle pylon and exploded. Now, that's definately a bug in the AI, but I would say it's a good bug because it's hard to do and the gunship SHOULD explode if it rams the bridge! :)

Another funny bug is found when attacking turret soldiers. If you grab (with use or with gravity-gun) a barrel or crate and hold it in front of yourself, and crouch, you can creep all the way up to the turret soldier without him shooting at you. :D Maybe he thinks the "walking barrel" is just his imagination! :D It's kinda like putting your hand over your eyes in the game to make yourself invisible!!

update your drivers for the video cards, or maybe you didn't do all the stuff in the level and the helicopter ignores you. dude, shoobie rat, it works if you put you hand in front of your face, you won't see yourself die so it is like you never dided, you just teleport to the begining of the level or the menu. [TIP] Turn the sound off to so you don't hear screaming sounds and blood and the gore flying all over. :D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom