Borderlands (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized

Box Art

So Borderlands is set to release on October 20th. For those of you that haven't heard of it, it's a meld of Shooter / Co-Op / RPG game play.

Take a look around the website: Borderlands

What are your impressions? What do you expect from this game? Are you likely to purchase this game? Let's talk about it.

My favourite type of games are FPS's and RPG's, and I love a massive selection of weapons, so this is looking great to me.

Only thing is I'm not too impressed with the style of graphics they've gone for. Kinda like they didn't want the hassle of making the game look great, so they've cheaped out there.

My favorite type of games are FPS's and RPG's, and I love a massive selection of weapons, so this is looking great to me.

Only thing is I'm not too impressed with the style of graphics they've gone for. Kinda like they didn't want the hassle of making the game look great, so they've cheaped out there.

Lets call that approach the WoW approach; ignore graphics, improve game-play and content.

Seems like win win to me :)

That would be a win lose lol. Improved content and gameplay but crap graphics. With teams that make games, the same people who design the graphics aren't the same people designing the gameplay and content. There are no excuses for crappy graphics.

Interesting... I don't know that I would call them crappy graphics, because they actually look quite good, but it's just a different art style. Looks kinda like TF2 meets Road Warrior. I might give it a shot....if I can pull myself away from Civ4 again :p

If it gets good review, I'll definitely ask for it for Christmas or something. The concept behind this does interest me quite a bit. The only game I'm going to be buying myself most likely is mw2. The others are going to have to wait. I'm probably gonna be busy with college, so I won't need that many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom