Borderlands (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be one of those games where I won't be able to decide if I want to allocate some of my dwindling resources to.

Like Arkham Asylum or WET or Dragon Age. But then we have games like SC2 and Diablo III which I'm getting no matter what. Its the personal sub-genre of money and time over entertainment....or entertainment over money and time.

This is going to be one of those games where I won't be able to decide if I want to allocate some of my dwindling resources to.

Like Arkham Asylum or WET or Dragon Age. But then we have games like SC2 and Diablo III which I'm getting no matter what. Its the personal sub-genre of money and time over entertainment....or entertainment over money and time.

I completely agree.

It also seems that here are some twists in the gaming industry lately. Lot's of cross genre titles. Another example is "Raven Squad". Which is half FPS / half RTS. I'd love to play a demo of RS. I doubt I'll buy it without trying it first. Games like that can be a total miss. From what I've seen and read you can switch between the two game types instantly. It will be interesting to see which way the gamers choose to play most. Is it better FPS or is it better RTS? I think to be successful it must keep the gamer playing nearly 50/50. Too much one way or the other might make the game lose it's intent.

On second thought this game looks bloody hilarious and awesome and multiplayer. I just have to convince my friends to get it aswell.

I like the fact that your characters will be persistent. Which means that you can start off in the single player narrative campaign, gain XP, weapons, grow your skill trees, find loot, etc... Then take that same character into multiplayer or co-op with all you have from single player. Then bring what you gain from multiplayer back into your single player game.

That's sweet.

possible problems,

* Reuse of gun models
* Bland world
* Stupid decision on the RPG aspect (like Oblivion lvling system)
* Not epic enemies over and over again (Like Titan Quest)
* Unvaried class system (Seems like the best way to kill things is shoot...This could fudge the usually distinctive roles of each class)

Any others?

Does anyone have info on the gun generator?

Does it just give attributes to a limited selection of models?
does it create guns more or less the same, but with minor changes (minimalist preset models available for variety's sake and allocated by/for the mechanic)?
Or does the game have a legit random generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom