Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Homicidal Claptraps Star In Borderlands DLC

"Claptrap's New Robot Revolution" coming this September.

August 11, 2010

by Jim Reilly

Gearbox has finally unveiled the fourth batch of downloadable content for its loot-driven shooter Borderlands. Titled "Claptrap's New Robot Revolution," players will join forces with the Hyperion Corporation as they attempt to stop a mechanical uprising from an army of homicidal claptraps - lead by Ninja Assassin.

"A year ago Borderlands was an untested brand that through hard work and a lot of passion, turned out to be one of the best-selling, claptastic and skagtacular games we have ever created," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K.

"A year later, we are releasing our fourth DLC installment, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, which illustrates our enthusiasm for creating highly entertaining content that enhances a franchise. In addition to serving as the perfect bookend to the original game, what gamer doesn't love a kung-fu-wielding Ninja Assassin Claptrap with nunchuck skills?"

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution includes 20 new missions, an additional 10 skill points for a total of 71 available skill tree points, and three new backpack slots. The add-on pack will launch this September for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC for 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99.

I am very excited to say the least! YUM BORDERLANDS DLC!!

New Borderlands DLC Coming In september

claptraps.jpg

Borderlands players might be disappointed to learn that next month's new downloadable content will not include a level cap increase. Perhaps two screens from Claptrap's New Robot Revolution will help ease the pain?

We noticed many of our readers pondering the possibilities of an increase to the current level 61 cap when we posted about Claptrap's New Robot Revolution earlier this morning, so we dropped Gearbox Software president and CEO Randy Pitchford a line to see if there was any good news.

"No level cap increase with this one as the vast majority of our customers still need to reach the cap," Pitchford told Kotaku. "The most hardcore that are already there will find tons of new content. Players that haven't capped will find lots of paths to reach the cap with this DLC."

So no level cap increase, but plenty of new content for those who've already hit the cap, including ten additional skill tree points!

Still disappointed? You could probably use another screenshot. Here you go, little buckaroo.

levelcap.jpg

Update: Pitchford adds, "This DLC follows the story of the interplanetary ninja assassin from the end of the original game. Raising the level cap again would've required us to require purchase of DLC 3, which seemed like something that isn't cool for customers that want to pick and choose."

No Level Cap Increase In Claptrap's New Robot Revolution

While i get why they did not raise the level cap, it is trying to let people chose if they want to buy the knoxx dlc, which is great, but for people like me, i really wants some new levels...even 5 would have been nice. But im still excited for the DLC, i have played the main game at least 6 times threw, as a hunter and siren, the zombie island and Knoxx's Armory 3 times now, going on my fourth right now...so some new content would be nice.

Re: New Borderlands DLC Coming In september

Could have added it to one easy location. IE the original DLC thread. just sayin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom