Blizzard Product Slate Reveals Diablo 3 Date, Expansions, New Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcgamer

Beta member
Citing "a gamer" as its anonymous source mmogamesite claims to have received a spreadsheet detailing what Blizzard is, and will be, working on over the next few years. The validity of the documentis uncertain, but if legit then Blizzard plans to release Diablo 3 in Q4 2011, followed by no less than two expansion in 2013 and 2014. That is not all, as World Of Warcraft will get another two expansions in the next few years, but most interestingly is Titan, tentatively planned for late 2013, being either a codename/working title, or an all new IP.

blizzard-product-slate-leaked.jpg

If I remember correctly, I read on another forum the it will be a new ip but the name has already been changed from Titan to something else.

I wonder which wow expansion is going to be another 5 lvl increase and which one is going to be 10.

And dam, they really are riding that game out over 10 years. I'm assuming Titan can't be there new mmo since it is coming out at the same time as the final wow expansion. Probably going to be another 3 years at least before they bring that out. That game will have been on top for far too long I think. It's a shame no other developers can bring something out good enough to beat it.

I think a lot of developers won't put the time into beating it. It may even be impossible at this point. MAYBE, this is a long shot though, some developers or a developer is working on something and will wait until the end of wow to launch it. Once they stop supporting WoW then it will be easier to release a new IP and gain enough interest to keep it going.

If there is any truth in this, I might as well get my hands on SCII then as I looks like i am going to be waiting a while for the complete game to come out.

Yea harper, it's gonna be a long time before ALL of sc2 is out, and I swear to god if they split up d3, I will NOT be buying it.

Yea harper, it's gonna be a long time before ALL of sc2 is out, and I swear to god if they split up d3, I will NOT be buying it.
Considering that they got more than a 18 month gap between on release and the next release, I think a few people will be ****ed if Blizzard turns around and does that episodes crap.
I don't not mind cliff hanger ending like Half Life 2. Sure it's a cliffhanger, but at the end of the day, you still felt that you completed some thing and got a t-shirt for your efforts. But at Half Life 2 : Episodes is just as painful as watching an episode of Lost or 24 on a weekly basis.

One thing I do find silly is that the SC2 Expansion 1 and Diablo 3 are listed at coming out on Q4 2011. It means that blizzard will have 2 products that will be competing with each other at launch time. I know that D3 and SC2 are too different games types, but at the same time, I do know quite a few fans that will pick up any thing and every thing from Blizzard.

Is SCII Phoenix going to be the Protoss campaign?
Is one of them Wings of Liberty plus the expansion in one?

And for people who play multiplayer SC2, will it bring anything other than a new campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom