Blizzard Begins StarCraft II Closed Beta... System Requirements Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Blizzard Begins StarCraft II Closed Beta
Invitees get a first look at the revamped Battle.Net.

February 17, 2010
- Invitations for the closed beta test of Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty have been sent out, Blizzard announced today.

Along with providing feedback to help balance the game's multiplayer, players will also get the first look at the upcoming revamped Battle.Net.

"Gathering concentrated feedback from our players is an important step for us as we head into the final stretch of development for StarCraft II and the new Battle.net service," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We look forward to having our players' help in polishing the overall experience and preparing for launch."

No word on just how many invitations have been sent out, but Blizzard says it's in the "thousands." The company also unveiled the minimum PC system requirements for the StarCraft II beta. Keep in mind these are just for the beta, the final system requirements have not been revealed. A Mac version is not being planned during this phase, Blizzard says.

PC Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection

source - Blizzard Begins StarCraft II Closed Beta - PC News at IGN

Looks like I didn't get picked unless they're going to be sending out these invitations in waves.

Live stream on gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-p..._starcraft_2_beta20100217&tag=topslot;thumb;1

Waves is exactley what they're doing. I've been following this closely for the past few hours.

Watching one of the streams reveals there are only around 350 people playing - so they hardly gave out ANY keys so far. Or people have got keys and arn't playing (seems somewhat unlikely).

Going to bed now, hopefully my key will have arrived by the time I get up. I don't have strong hopes though :|

Is everyone who opted in to the beta getting a key? Is this US-only?

Originally it was US, New Zealand and Australia that were to get first dabs of the beta. Blizzard are now saying the FAQ on there website is out of date and they're doing a global beta launch. So yeh, EU gets keys aswell.

Not sure everyone that Opted in gets a key. Certainly not straight away. Looking at the forums i'm guessing somewhere between 1 and 5 percent of people that opted in got a key. I think the quickest way to see if you'll get one is to check your Battle.net account, if StarCraft 2 is a manageable game i think that means you have a key registered to your account and it's on it's way.

No such luck for me though, it's not in my Battle.net account and i ain't got no email either :(

I have no idea if it is us only or not, but I'm pretty sure not everyone is going to get in. Apparently there have been at least a few thousand keys released.

I have never been this excited about a game. Ever. Duke Nukem Forever! :tongue:

But no.. I want to play it nao! lol

EDIT: JUST GOT MY INVITE :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom