Blacksite Area 51..............56K Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I just finished Medal Of Honor Airborne, so I am now giving Blacksite Area 51 a try.

I remember trying Area 51 a couple of years ago, because I have always been into the whole area 51 thing about the ufo's and such, however I could not play the game , because it had no quick saves and it just did not feel right to me at all....I just could not get into the game. So I was alittle leary about this game, especially since I did not like the first one, and the reviews about this one was nothing to brag about.

I am only on the 2nd chapter of the game, but the first chapter in Iraq did hold my attention better than the first game. I did find a couple of things in the first chapter, like bad enemy AI in one area....really bad....I was standing right beside them and they did nothing....I almost thought they were GOOD guys....lol.....I also noticed that they seemed to over do the HDR in my opinion.....everything seems to have that "shiney" look....alittle too much IMO. There is also no quicksave feature again, but the games checkpoints are fairly well done and so far at least the game seems fairly easy. I do like the games HUD.....you only have what you need up there and makes for a nice clean screen as you can see by the screenshots, there is not alot of clutter on the screen from your HUD.

The game is made on the unreal engine and other than the overdone HDR....looks decent.

The voice acting has been pretty good thus far and has had me laughing pretty hard a couple of times.

Here are some screenshots of the 1st chapter of the game.

2699242277_dcccabffe9_b.jpg

2699245935_fc500d322e_b.jpg

2700051298_1752c453cb_b.jpg

2699238915_ef3062f512_b.jpg

2699249829_82fc8a70d1_b.jpg

Yay you remembered the warning :)

Dang... everytime I see your pics I want to try to obtain it.. haha :)

so you'll be screening the other chapters too right?

Whirlwind YOU sir should write for a games mag your reviews are always top notch, seriously you are good.

Seriously I should move all his game posts into the Review section...

oooh that reminds me I still haven't done my official review on this board

I don't think I will be posting screens of every chapter, but I will post some more as I move along in the game. i will also tell of my findings, either good or bad.

Thanks for the kind words guys...I appreciate it :)

yea you do great reviews. you always point out good and bad stuff. plus you're using the card i plan on using in my future build :) (well, the gtx+)

Okay, I have progressed to around chapter 4 in this game and I definitely like it better than the first game. However it is not without a few minor bugs .
I have run into one script error, where I had to reload a check point, then everything was ok. not a big deal. I did run into a spot where I wanted to go hide behind a big rock for cover,but the game would not allow me to go over to the rock, like an invisible border :rolleyes: I have also not been able to get AA to work, even through Nvidia control panel. There is some in game advertising in the game, which is ok by me...I am really not for or against this...I am ok with it.

Now for some positives for the game.
It is not tactical by any means, and I really like tactical shooters,but that being said....the game is still fun. .

I love the hud in this game ....if you hit tab, all of the hud goes away , even the cursor and you have a nice 100% clean screen and can aim down the sites and still be very effective....I really like this...it is a very nice touch.

You can order your squad around with the click of a mouse and that works fairly well....you are part of echo squad and a couple of your side kicks are Grayson & Ambrose.....they provide some nice one liners that help make the game for sure :p:....the story is also pretty good.

I will report back with more findings and here are a couple more screenies of the game.

2704211756_2b8fed78b1_b.jpg

2703222231_0ef5b9c14b_b.jpg

2704048462_ec84622426_b.jpg

I just finished this game.....It was a rather short game, I would say about the same length as MOHA.

My final impressions of the game are that is was not a very well polished game....it could have been better...but there still was some fun to be had.

The good was:

Great hud in this game....you could play the game with no hud at all if you wished, just by hitting tab.

You steered the vehicles in this game with your mouse, and used the keyboard for the gas and break....that worked really well for me as I could just fly in the jeeps, if I wanted too. :p:

Some of the aliens died in a very cool way, and it looked really good.

The story was pretty good.

Graphics were pretty nice, except the HDR was overdone IMO.

Some funny dialog from squad mates.

The bad:

It seemed even if I made a bad throw of a grenade....I still killed the enemy.

After you kill an enemy, the guns and ammo seem to hang in mid air alot.....don't really know if this is a negative...it really does not hurt the game any....it just seems it should have been polished up better than that...it just looks non professional, if that makes any sense.

You can only carry a couple of weapons at a time, and there are not alot of weapons....one of you squadmates is a woman who only carries a pistol....i mean come on...we are killing aliens here...we need BIG GUNS! :p:

No quicksave

The invisible borders, that would not let you go, where it looked like you should be able to go on the map.....I hate when this happens and i again bring up this could have been avoided with a more "polished" game.

It was some fun alien killing anyway....I don't think I would pay alot of cash to play the game, however if there is a void in gaming and you can get it cheap {$6 delivered for me from e-bay} then there is some fun too be had.

It is definitely not a must play game. I would rate it as an average shooter, that could have been much better.

Here are my final screenshots of the game. i am not posting any boss battles of the liens so i won't spoil the game for anyone :):

2706096395_fd130269c6_b.jpg

2706091417_8156fe46ba_b.jpg

2706100873_3f0355f916_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom