BioShock WTF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
another reason why i dont like steam is what will steam owners do when the user creation tool is released and people start making mods. Wont it be tones more difficult to mod the game if its instaled on steam.

Steam has actually made it easier for mods!

Valve even supports some of these mods by having them featured and available for download through Steam, giving the makers a larger audience. You also get access to demos and free games and you get some really good prices on games. I don't think any other company has been so supportive of mods!

Now, that's not to say that Steam ain't full of glitches, but it's still a great system that just needs some tweaking. You also have to consider that this completely takes away the problem of losing or scratching your CDs. Once I installed HL2, I didn't need the CDs (DVDs actually) anymore because I could just download the game with full updates.

Check out this list of mods supported by Steam:
modscs4.jpg

Even if the mod is not supported by steam, you still have easy access to the files, and Steam won't be picky about modified files for modding.

Another cool feature is if say several files got deleted that won't allow the game to run usually - Steam will just redownload those specific files in order for the game to run.

I think steam is great IF you have a high speed connection... but until I can get Steam to connect at a decent speed on my satellite service. I don't like it.

ya but that is if the user submits to steam in the first place.

Yea, but they don't have to.

Just look at CS Source. Look how many mods their are. All you do is boot up CS, pick a server, and it'll install the mod automatically.

And FYI, steam doesn't have every game in it, only certain ones. Steam's totally mod, friendly, theirs nothing to worry about with it.

I always prefer a hard copy myself... but it will be nice when all games have the availability of downloading. Even if you buy the hard copy, so if you lose or ruin a disc you could always download the install.

I've heard that, but Steam ran fine for me from the get go. Don't get me going on steam though lol. I love that freakin client so much. It handles everything for you, forever. I hope they land a contract with EA or something lol. The gaming world would never be the same.

Umm, I hope they don't contract with EA (Ruin Everything), I think that Crytek / Blizzard have the top stable engines for games.

I got a 3mbps dsl line and it took be about 6-8 hours, cant exactly remember to download bioshock.

I also found out that you could play the game offline, which i didnt know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom