Bioshock on steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fileshack was majorly hosed last night. It kept saying I was in the queue at x position, I'd come back 20 minutes later and it would say the my username/password was bad, even when I tried downloading without logging in.

Fileplanet had it up a little later, and after another long wait, the D/L was around 500KB/s. Awesome game, and it runs semi-decent for me on my old Athon 3200 and 7900GS.

I just played it. It's really good game. Love the graphics, even if it's only in DX9.

I do believe it is DX10 capible. I did the pre-lod off of steam before I went to sleep last night so when I get off work today I can just go home and play.

Just played the demo. Brilliant game!

Just one thing though.

Does anyone else find corpses and flying turrents stuttery?

AMD 3700+ san diego
X1900XT 512MB
1 GB value ram.

just purchased it in limited edition as all the other copye were sold out and it turns out i can run it max settings in direct x 9 with no lagg at 1280x960.

they gave incredably high recomendations, i think it was for the direct x 1- version.

the game is amazing.
The first scene when your in the water...OMG, i was amazed as how realistic and beautiful it looked.

I Read the readme file and dl the driver they suggested.
It was 163.44, beta version, but made especially for bioshock.

I did notice a lot of lag sometimes. I just lowered the settings to medium and i was geting FPS between 50-70.

the game is amazing.
The first scene when your in the water...OMG, i was amazed as how realistic and beautiful it looked.

I Read the readme file and dl the driver they suggested.
It was 163.44, beta version, but made especially for bioshock.

I did notice a lot of lag sometimes. I just lowered the settings to medium and i was geting FPS between 50-70.

how are u only running medium? im maxed out and yoru system is beter then mine.

im running at like 30 to 40 maxed wich is fine as thats all your eye will see.

The water and fire was beautiful and crisp. I liked the particle effects very much too. First time I've ever seen a 3d dust cloud. The inside lighting however was very similar to DOOM/PREY, as opposed to the more natural and realistic lighting affects of HL2, (think ravenholm)...

Most amazing feature by far though.... SOUND. oh my GOODNESS. sooo 3-d. sooo crisp and rich. My speakers behind me scared the crap out of me sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom