Bioshock made me wet myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only 2 games that kinda had me saying this was a day time game. Metro 2033 near the end (when the weird creepy things start coming around)

Let's hope the sequel is better optimized. That game is worse than Crysis.

What, Metro? It also looked better than Crysis, supported PhysX, and DX11 Tessellation..... Both run perfectly fine on my PC too.

I disagree.

24vj1.jpg

metro2033dx1106.jpg

There, nightie shots of both. And that is the absolute best shot of Metro I could find. It's the only way metro stands a chance. During the day, which is most of Crysis, Metro stands no chance. It does look closer here, but I'm really not seeing it when you're in the tunnels and stuff. Plus you have to take into account the games in motion. Metro looks way better still than it does when you're actually playing it.

My rig does Crysis on highest minus AA and AF, but it only does Metro on High without too much of a framerate hit.

JoshuaJay:1907646 said:
I dare you all to try playing Amensia: Dark Descent...

Picked this up after reading that; will let you know how if it freaks me out or not :)

I thought it was a decently scary game at times... you get pretty anxious playing it because your only defense is to run and hide. Controls are pretty immersive as well since you actually have to swing your mouse to open doors and stuff

I disagree.

24vj1.jpg

Metro2033-DX11-06.jpg

There, nightie shots of both. And that is the absolute best shot of Metro I could find. It's the only way metro stands a chance. During the day, which is most of Crysis, Metro stands no chance. It does look closer here, but I'm really not seeing it when you're in the tunnels and stuff. Plus you have to take into account the games in motion. Metro looks way better still than it does when you're actually playing it.

My rig does Crysis on highest minus AA and AF, but it only does Metro on High without too much of a framerate hit.
Can't see the Metro cause of hotlinking, but when you actually play Crysis with extreme mods you start to see where the game looks like crap in a lot of areas. Metro looks a lot better when you disable motion blur. You can make any game look ridiculously good with a well placed screenshot but during game play you can really see when a game starts to look like ****. I have both and played both and IMO Metro looks better for its high demands than Crysis.

Can't see the Metro cause of hotlinking, but when you actually play Crysis with extreme mods you start to see where the game looks like crap in a lot of areas. Metro looks a lot better when you disable motion blur. You can make any game look ridiculously good with a well placed screenshot but during game play you can really see when a game starts to look like ****. I have both and played both and IMO Metro looks better for its high demands than Crysis.

Idk, part of the reason I don't think metro looks spectacular is because I couldn't max it. What resolution do you play at? Your card really isn't any better than mine unless you've got it OCed.

Why can't you see hotlinked images? Aren't they both hotlinked?

The Metro screenshot is hotlinked, and the site it's hosted on disabled hotlinking from their website. You can probably still see it because you have it cached. Save it and upload it to an external image host or find a different screenshot.

I'm pretty sure they are both hotlinked. The first site must just not have protection against it. Can you see it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom