Bioshock extremely Shaky, Help plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdon12

Baseband Member
Hey ive been playing bioshock for about an hour now, and its very Shaky meaning that when i got across like going top right, or bottom right, or top left and bottom left the screen gets extremely shaky, When i go up and down its smotth and when i go side to side its smooth. Ive tried lowering down my setting to extremely low, seing if its my gpu, but its still very shaky, I dont mind it to much but it gives me a headache lol.
Well what do you guys think the problem is any ideas? or this is how the game just is?
I love the game if it was some other games id probably just delete it lol,

Hey ummm... its a litle hard to explain my specs are 2.2ghz quad core and a gpu of a sapphire 4870 ati radeon 512 mb, I guess you can say it stutters, ill try to explain to the best of my ability, When i go to a corner like dragging my gun or wrench to the Top right direction instead of it going smothly in 1 stroke instead, it goes like up right up right up right up right, instead of going top right directly.
Goes like this (right) _____ (then up) l (and repeaat)
up right up right,
instead of going in a diagonal direction in 1 stroke like this /
Instead of going to the corner smoothly
i have a 22 inch 1680x1050 screen
but its really smooth when it goes Up and down, left and fight. Its not the lighting

Yeah, i guess that how you can kind of explain it... skipping pixels hehehe,
What do you mean by windows sensitivity? Do you mean mouse sensitivity?
I have vista btw
o yeah my mouse is the one that came with my comp its an lx6200 in gateway
Gateway Official Site: Shop - Desktops – LX6810-01 Product Details - LX 6810 01 Product Details
I dont know if its a good mouse or not, but its laser and i like the feel of it (lol)

Edit: Btw i tried lowering my mouse sensitivity, and wow your right, but i have to turn it all the way down to 1, ofcourse making it so hard to turn and kill ppl, anyway, do you guys know why this is happening? is it because i have a crappy mouse

by the sounds of it now its your mouse.you can up the sensitivity in game to btw. imo get a descent mouse its most likely the cause look at razer or logitech, i prefer razer personaly, after using a logitech mx1000 for 2 years then going to my razer lachesis i fell in love, ive always had a high end mouse. the g5 and death ader are preaty comparable mice both are very nice. run in the 50$ range.then in the high end raneg you have teh lachesis and the g9, then top of the line is the g9x and the razer mamba .

I had the same problem after installing Bioshock today. I ran Bioshock when it came out and everything ran flawlessly, but this time I experienced the same Mouse movement shakiness. I messed with the settings for all my mouse drivers and Bioshock Mouse/Video settings for several hours because it was starting to really bug me, so I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

(You can move around with the keyboard without moving the mouse and maintain a high FPS, but standing still and moving the mouse appears to lower the FPS. When actually for every movement it picks up, the cursor actually moves 3-4 pixels, which is playable, but does give you a headache after awhile. This is what you're talking about, right?)

I just fixed mine!; however, I don't know how much of this information will pertain to you, because my issue involved Logitech's Setpoint driver application.

Setpoint is Logitech's mouse application software which can override Windows Mouse settings and control sensitivity, acceleration, speed, etc. I first tried closing setpoint and using Windows default mouse settings with no third party mouse software. No result in Bioshock as the mouse still had shaky movement.

Anyways, I opened Setpoint and unchecked the option "Apply Game Settings when a game is detected." It basically forced SetPoint's settings, and then everything in BioShock looked amazing again with seamless mouse movements! The mouse movements changed with each pixel instead every 3 or 4.

So, I suppose it's your mouse driver.

FYI, I have a Logitech MX510, an MX518, and a G5 all hooked up to the same PC.

I had the same problem and fixed mine just now and saw that this thread was recent, so I registered to post this because I'm excited to finally fix mine :) And now that I can play Bioshock... It's time for me to go to bed :(.

Good luck.

gbdrue87@gmail.com

ye, its your mouse, maybe buy a new one? if you havnt got alot of money the logitech mx518 (Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical 1800 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse - Mouse) is a great mouse for the price, if you have got alot of money maybe consider a logitech g9 or a razer mouse?

EDIT : have you got mouse acceleration on? cause that can cause the mouse to react weird, download CPL mousefix and run it, then restart your pc, that will get rid of any mouse acceleration caused by windows faults, then turn all sources of acceleration off in options, might be called 'enhanced pointer' in your mouse settings

o ok, i never knew y people bought high end mouse, i was like whats the differene between a 1$ and a 50$ one, but now i know lol thx alot. Btw could it be the surface of my desk too? ITs pretty smooth but theres like very little holes and bumps. I want to get the Lachasis it looks sexy, but 70$ DAM! for a mouse lol

Btw droobie, i dont think my mouse has a mouse driver lol, it just has the ghetto control panel and mouse speed option. And what mouse setting to do use the lowest, middle or highest ( in a rate of 1-10)? Thx for confirming its my mouse, yes i have the same symptoms as you

Hey luke i was looking through that cpl mouse fix and i was about to download it but its only for xp users T_T and yeah i turned of that thing that you told me to "enhance pointer precision"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom