Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
BioShock DirectX 10 vs DirectX 9 Performance and Image Quality

Here are some benchmarks for BioShock in DX9 and DX10 modes

1600.gif

1920.gif

2560.gif

They did the benchmarks on windows Vista using Nvidia and ATI latest beta drivers. It seems that there is no difference in terms of performance between DX9 and DX10

wow...I would of expected the DX10 mode to take a slight dip in frames, from the extra graphic features turned on.

I would have never guessed such little difference in frames between the DX10 and DX9, taking into consideration what b1gapl said...

@veedubfreak
More proof that the 8800 gts 640 is a waste of 100 bucks.

How is this? All these benchmarks show is that the DX10 cards with the extra features can still stand the same ground when it comes to frames as a DX9 card...in no way do these benchmarks illustrate graphical quality, so no, this is not more proof...

::-Chase-::

I was referring to the fact that right now there is basically no reason to spend the extra money on a 640 instead of a 320.

Wow ATI/AMD have really taken a **** on the gaming community with their worst lineup of cards this generation. Yeah sure, the benches are somewhat close, but the prices ain't, the 2900XT costs from 54% to 87% more than a 320MB 8800GTS!!

I'm so glad i got my 8800GTS. Great performance for the money. Paid $289 for it. Best sub-300 I've ever spent on my computer. Next to my Q6600 :)

The 1GB X2900XT is just behind the 8800 Ultra, at least in DX9. Not bad for a cheaper card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom