Bioshock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
I just found out about Bioshock and can't wait for it. It's by the same people who made system shock 2 and is supposed to be of the same genere, science fiction/horror. The screenshots of it blow me away, I just hope I dont need to upgrade from my 6800gs AGP to play it decently.

Anyone heard any news as to system requirements for it? I googled around but saw nothing, maybe theres none released yet.

Did you see it in the UK version of PC Zone? They've got a big article about it and some fantstic screenshots. It looks fantastic, can't wait.

yea, i saw the screenshots also their unbelivable, and aslong as u have 1GB of ram and a 256MB gfx card im sure you'll be fine on the system requir.

Hmm, does look interesting. Never played the system shock games so I can't refer to that as to what this game might be like.

Also, I'd say underworld is probably correct with his statement in regards to RAM and videocard, however of course amount of VRAM doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm sure a 6600GT would be able to play it on medium if not a mixture of medium to high settings.

Of course I honestly don't know as no one else should either since no official specs have been released but by looking at the images and the graphics it doesn't seem like it'd be that demanding. Shouldn't be any worse than FEAR honestly.

This game has so much potential in it, I really hope they focus on making the game good rather than investing all their time in the graphics.

I mean heres what it has:

Underwater building - This means total isolation feeling which makes a game a lot more scary.

-Also means that you can have some semi flooded rooms where things bite at your ankles

-Bio implys that there could be some horrific experiments that went wrong, so you can see people progress into monsters

-The reason why it is abandoned is unclear, but it could mean that you have some evil force which will subtly emerge as you go through the game

I'm with you guys. I am playing System shock 2 right now, and holy cow...what GREAT gameplay. Sound is also very sweet!
The high rez texture mod

Cant wait for Bioshock :D

Mr_Threepwood said:
This game has so much potential in it, I really hope they focus on making the game good rather than investing all their time in the graphics.

I mean heres what it has:

Underwater building - This means total isolation feeling which makes a game a lot more scary.

-Also means that you can have some semi flooded rooms where things bite at your ankles

-Bio implys that there could be some horrific experiments that went wrong, so you can see people progress into monsters

-The reason why it is abandoned is unclear, but it could mean that you have some evil force which will subtly emerge as you go through the game

The bio in the title relates to a stem cell generating sea slug nicknamed "Adam". The inhabitants of Rapture (the name of the underwater city) use this to keep themselves looking young, fitter, faster or more intelligent. "Adam" becomes the currency of Rapture as the more ppl use it, the market increases.

This results in 2 men (Fontaine- the man who found "Adam" and Andrew Ryan-the man responsible for building Rapture) fighting for supremecy. Andrew Ryan's idea of an underwater utopia for the elite , with the likes of artists, painters, althletes, scientists all being invited to join them in his underwater utopian world. This all starts in 1946 and by the time you find Rapture in the 1960's, Fontaine has found the sea slug and a civil war has broken out. The ppl of Rapture have been misusing Adam to gain an advantage in the war and have just about wiped themselves out. This is where you come in, you've just had a plane crash and manage to swim to a lighthouse structure and inside is the submarine that takes you to Rapture. When you arrive the residents of Rapture are nowhere to be seen apart from the gatherers and the protecters. This is why it's abandoned and it's your job to find out what happened.

Bioshock is previewed in the UK version of PC Zone and this is where I took the info from, so if it's wrong don't blame me. It's looking fantastic and the screenshots are really scary, aparently those protectors won't attack unless you do. But the children have all the adam, so you are left with a moral descision to either kill and steal the adam off the children and then deal with the protectors, without a protector the gatherer will run away and if you can corner it you can threaten it and it will give you some adam or you can even befriend one and ask for some but the biggest results come from killing the gatherer and taking the whole lot. You will need adam to survive apparantly so it raises some moral decisions. Lets just hope the "ban violent video games" brigade don't get a peek of it before it comes out, but that's a long way off, release date - sometime in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom