BFBC2 Beta update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
As promised here is the PC Blog on the Beta & a few other things, yes some people, places, and things may have leaked a little something, but we are here to clarify everything and make it all official since we can now commit to the listed dates! :)

BETA Details:

Beta Begins/Ends: Jan 28th/Feb 25th

Map Name: Port Valdez

Players: 32

Game Mode: Rush

Environment: Snow

Theme: Vehicle and Infantry

Back Story: The battle for Port Valdez is fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains. Using basically everything they've got the Russian forces are launching an airborne assault to knock out the oil industries in the area. In their arsenal there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat.

How to Download: Check back to the Battlefield Bed Company 2 Beta Page closer to beta launch date for download instructions.

How To Get Access: Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the most sure fire way and right now we are still finalizing which Retailers & e-Tailers will participate (it's up to them). If you're eager to ensure you get in confirmed distributors to Pre-Order consumers are the EA Store and at GameStop.com. We'll have another Blog to update new retailers & e-Tailers that have teamed up with us as well as alternate channels to obtain a Beta Key.
Source

Just under a month of beta play time, but only for those who pre-order (or luck out in a drawing or something).

man, thats lame. i don't want to pre order it just to play the beta...

i sure hope there will be other ways of getting into it...

I pre-ordered back in November and I was hoping to be playing the beta last month, Oh well.

Hopefully I will have my new gaming rig built by it's main release in March. For the time being I'll have to deal with low/medium settings on my laptop. Should still be fun, after 5 years of BF2 I'm happy we may have a worthy update.

Played the beta on PS3. It's pretty good, although i hope they don't have the stupid lag correction, atleast i think it's that.

it's annoying, every 30seconds or so it moves your position slightly by a few meters so the server is happy with where everyone is.

But yeh the actuall gameplay is really quite good.

Peoples, just preorder and then cancel when you get your Key. I do this for most games that take this approach to beta participation, works a treat.

Is the ps3 beta still going on? I have it on my ps3, but I didn't play it a whole lot. Maybe I'll play a little more tomorrow when I have the proper equipment needed to hook my ps3 up to my monitor.

I still haven't got to pre-order. Little things like bills keep getting in the way. *sigh*

I should pre-order it and have the family that is coming down in early March just bring it with them...but that could only happen if it ships the same day as release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom