BF4 Beta - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Student & Lover of Games

Default BF4 Beta

Anyone here planning on jumping on the BF4 Beta at all? I am currently pre-loading on the PC as I type and waiting anxiously.

Despite not having the opportunity to play with those of you playing BF3 on PC yet... hopefully this will re-spark some interest or even curiosity even if there is no commited interest in getting BF4?

Origin Name: xgc_forsakend

Old 09-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: BF4 Beta

Yea, I'll be playing. Preloading too. Little later in the year I'm probably going to pick up an R9 290x bundled with premium.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Preloading as well. I preordered on Father's Day.

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

The first good thing to come from new consoles.
Attached Images
File Type: png x64.PNG (2.1 KB, 73 views)

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

yep - preloaded after purchasing yesterday ..... both my teenagers are pre-loaded as well. Although, one has a PC that is sporting a old 5770 gpu- which may not be good enough to play. I have allowed him to neglect this PC for a year and it is messed up - updates wont work properly, malwarebytes found like 169 things on it. etc. Updated the drivers ,etc. well see....

Added: Just read in the other BF4 thread that you guys play on low settings to see the enemies easier - I always wondered how people can see me - yet I cant see them..... that always frustrated me as i crawl thru weeds and then get picked off even though i can't even see thru the weeds..... kinda cheapo though....the high graphics settings looks cool, but it is actually a hindrance for being successful in the game.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Yea, I'll be playing. Preloading too. Little later in the year I'm probably going to pick up an R9 290x bundled with premium.
This was my plan too. Want to see official reviews of the 290X before I proceed with my plan though.

I've preloaded too. Are you guys playing on the 1st ? What version did you preorder ?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
yep - preloaded after purchasing yesterday ..... both my teenagers are pre-loaded as well. Although, one has a PC that is sporting a old 5770 gpu- which may not be good enough to play. I have allowed him to neglect this PC for a year and it is messed up - updates wont work properly, malwarebytes found like 169 things on it. etc. Updated the drivers ,etc. well see....

Added: Just read in the other BF4 thread that you guys play on low settings to see the enemies easier - I always wondered how people can see me - yet I cant see them..... that always frustrated me as i crawl thru weeds and then get picked off even though i can't even see thru the weeds..... kinda cheapo though....the high graphics settings looks cool, but it is actually a hindrance for being successful in the game.
5770 should handle low or medium. Graphics fidelity isn't too much higher than BF3. So just test the machine with BF3 first.

I mainly do it to get max FPS while playing, but being a cheap *** to get more kills is an added benefit. I like to record gameplay at 60fps (smoother when Youtube converts) so I want over 80 at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post
This was my plan too. Want to see official reviews of the 290X before I proceed with my plan though.

I've preloaded too. Are you guys playing on the 1st ? What version did you preorder ?
Same. Although I won't be a day 1 purchaser.
I don't have the game preordered. BF3 Premium lol.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Student & Lover of Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post

Yea ill be playing on the first.
I got it thru BF3 premium and MOH. Will be buying the limited edition version after the beta unless something goes horribly wrong and I don't like it for some reason.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

Ah, fair enough. I never bought BF3 Premium, so just got the Digital Deluxe off Origin. It had a few cool extras and early entry to the beta, so whatever, seemed worth it.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Build Guru

I bought vanilla and couldn't be bothered by Premium until they had it for 10 bucks I think in June or July. If it wouldn't have been for that I would still have vanilla and no BF4 early beta.

Access to my Plex PM me.