BF3 Rank / Fun level

The best thing they did was improve smaw/rpg damage against heli's. If you have the skill and luck to hit a moving heli with a smaw atleast you are now suitably rewarded.

I'd like them to create a new play mode called realism. Balancing goes out the window and the guns are just made to be as accurate representation of the real thing as possible. Rocket launchers fire at the realistic speed appx 200m/s. The bullet from a .44 magnum will one hit kill, as will the 7.62mm nato round will suitably destroy anybody up to 1000meters away from the L96.

It would be ridiculous, probably frustrating, but I think it could be interesting.
I tend to agree, but then they would need to need to figure out a way of assessing damage from different areas. A .44 shot to the leg will disable, but not kill you. They also made it where sometimes a direct RPG hit will not kill somebody. Wtf is up with that? Takes 4 rockets to disable a tank. Stupid.

I completely hate the new update and refuse to play BF3 now that it is out.

Weapons are inherently unequal and their attempts to "balance" things just ruins the feel of the game.

I'm actually thinking of going back to playing Bad Company 2.
Didn't like that game so I suck it up but I'm playing way less than I used to.

I tend to agree, but then they would need to need to figure out a way of assessing damage from different areas. A .44 shot to the leg will disable, but not kill you. They also made it where sometimes a direct RPG hit will not kill somebody. Wtf is up with that? Takes 4 rockets to disable a tank. Stupid.

One shot to the rear will disable unless they have reactive armor, period. One tank shell head-on to the front on an AA will disable it (found that out last night).

I have friends to confirm I have shot a tank 3 times while only making it smoke (make sure I wasn't missing). I had to get my buddy to resupply me behind a ledge before I could kill it off. This was to the side. Now that I know a shot to the rear will disable that will help a TON.

I have friends to confirm I have shot a tank 3 times while only making it smoke (make sure I wasn't missing). I had to get my buddy to resupply me behind a ledge before I could kill it off. This was to the side. Now that I know a shot to the rear will disable that will help a TON.

If someone in the tank has maintenance it will begin to self-repair.

Do remember though that even in real life an RPG-7 has little to no effect on most modern western tanks like the US Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard etc. There is apparently almost no chance of it damaging a tank if you hit it front on.

In one encounter within the urban area a Challenger 2 came under attack from irregular forces with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades. The driver's sight was damaged and while attempting to back away under the commander's directions, the other sights were damaged and the tank threw its tracks entering a ditch. It was hit directly by fourteen rocket propelled grenades from close range and a MILAN anti-tank missile.[11] The crew survived remaining safe within the tank until the tank was recovered for repairs, the worst damage being to the sighting system. It was back in operation six hours later after repairs. One Challenger 2 operating near Basra survived being hit by 70 RPGs in another incident.

70 RPG's.

4 now doesn't sound so bad..

Didn't like that game so I suck it up but I'm playing way less than I used to.

Yeah they should definitely do this. I don't see why not, just add it as an extra option alongside normal and hardcore. If people want to play in games where there is no balancing and it's pure realism then that is up to them. I kind of like the idea of one bullet from a M429 being able to disable me from 300 meters away, or even kill me if they are lucky.

Do remember though that even in real life an RPG-7 has little to no effect on most modern western tanks like the US Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard etc. There is apparently almost no chance of it damaging a tank if you hit it front on.

70 RPG's.

4 now doesn't sound so bad..

Yeah they should definitely do this. I don't see why not, just add it as an extra option alongside normal and hardcore. If people want to play in games where there is no balancing and it's pure realism then that is up to them. I kind of like the idea of one bullet from a M429 being able to disable me from 300 meters away, or even kill me if they are lucky.
Except, it's a video game and I can barely get hit and my tank blows up. That's my point. The balancing in this game is now STUPID. I also hate the blur effect. I have motion blur OFF and I should not get any blur. No, they decided ANY gun fire will make your screen blur whether or not it is friendly or not. Stupid.

I'm all for that realism, but they would have to change a better part of the game to make it actually work. For instance if a building fell on you from being blown up you should die too. Infinite sprint would go. A ton of people would ***** about it for sure. Maybe Battlefield 4.

ahhhh.... that explains it- I was wondering why I kept getting a blurry screen- I thought my PC was having troubles. I played yesterday on firestorm and another one- cant remember name- the one that has the steep hill in the middle of it. Anyhow- I noticed a lot of typed chat in Spanish - anybody else seeing that? I have really gotten into using mines on corners of highly trafficked areas - really ****es people off - fun , fun. Kept getting one shot killed by a guy with a PP2000 - from like over 75 yards away- not realistic. Also was playing against a squad of guys that were really serious gamers - all were high level generals= 2 out of the four were 50 level generals - wow that is some heavy duty time commitment. . I just reached level 39 ( chief warrant officer I believe)

Doesn't take long to really rank up if you are a good player, as I was saying before. I bought the game late Feb and barely play yet I'm in the high 30s. By barely play, I mean I'll go on a few hour streaks maybe once a week or every 2 weeks depending on my mood and internet.

Ah, laying Claymores? Those things are annoying in the Canals so I tend to go to no claymore servers.

Back
Top Bottom